Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

This last month for book club it was decided that we would read One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Agatha Christie. I really didn't know what to think when I first started to read this book and for me it started out a little slow. As I kept reading, I was hooked. I absolutely love how this book has so many twists and turns. Just when I thought I might have an idea who it could be that committed the crime something would happen and knew I had no chance to figure this out at all. I don't usually try to solve a mystery as I read the book. I really like to enjoy the ride and let the author lead me through their maze of thoughts. Sometimes the plot is really thin and I actually can figure out who did it. Other times, like this time, there was no hope of putting this mystery together. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this mystery and would recommend it to everyone. I know I have left it really vague so that if anyone wants to read this book I won't ruin anything for you. I would hate to give anything away.

Kenny can always solve any mystery. He has this habit of leaning over just a few minutes into any television show and will tell me who did it. The same thing happens with most movies. So, I handed him the book to see if he can figure this one out before the end of the book. Even in books he can figure out the guilty one is within the first few chapters. So far he is four chapters in and hasn't figured it out. I can tell he is getting frustrated. I don't think it will take him the whole book like me, but I sorta hope it takes him over half way to put it together.

This has been a fun book to read and to watch Kenny try to figure out. I can't wait to see what everyone thought about it at book club tonight.

1 comment: