Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day 2011

This year for Mothers Day Kenny completely and totally spoiled me. He went shopping Saturday night to get a few things that we needed and he came home with a bouquet of flowers for me, my mom and Chris. These are the flowers that I received, they are so beautiful! My mom and Chris's flowers are just as amazing. He also found the best card for them. Kenny did an amazing job finding just the perfect thing for each of us.



Sunday morning Kenny and the boys brought in this so cute card for me and the Glee soundtrack. I love this card because it is so us. The only part that doesn't apply is the line that says, "rockin' the town." We are such homebodies.


And, yes Glee. I have gotten sucked into this series ever since we added netflix and they have the first season of Glee streaming strait to our blue ray. My name is Rachelle and I'm a Gleek.


We even made it to church and even though it wasn't the best Mother's Day program, every woman did receive a CD of Eliza R. Snow's Greatest Hymns. She wrote a lot of our hymns that we sing during our meetings and I can't wait to listen to this CD. Since any music that is religious (or country) equals to water boarding for my boys, I will have to wait to listen to this CD until I am alone in my car or Taylor goes back to school (he is off track for 2 weeks). I know I can't wait that long, so as one of the perks of being a mom, I will listen to this and enjoy every minute of the music and the torturing of my children.

We had dinner at my mom's house and Becca cooked for all of us. She wouldn't let anyone help. She did an amazing job and the food was amazing. She made us two kinds of Ribs (BBQ and orange chipolte), mushroom rice and cabbage. She then added for dessert, chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream. It was all so heavenly!!

My mom's also gave me this amazing flower container with miniature pink and yellow roses. Roses are my favorite (well, that is after daisies) and these are my favorite colors. I also love the container and the little birds on the top. I can't wait for the weather to be good enough to start planting our little flower garden on our deck and add this to the decor.

What an amazing Mothers Day!!! I am so thankful for my family and the love that we have for each other. I am thankful for a talented sister who shared her gift for cooking with us. I am so thankful for my mom and Chris and for all the other mom's who have an influence in my life.

I love you and am blessed to have you all in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. My boys surprised me with flowers and balloons too!

    ReplyDelete