Friday, April 29, 2011

T's Award

Last week we received this letter in the mail informing us that Taylor was nominated by his teacher for the "Oquirrh Pride Award". I thought you would be able to read the letter better than this, so I will just tell you the important parts of the letter. To be nominated for this award you had to show certain "character education traits; Caring, Respect, Integrity, Citizenship, and Responsibility." Taylor was chosen for his "fairness/justice." His teacher wrote:

"Taylor has a strong sense of justice. He knows what is right. I have been impressed with how he treats everyone with equality and fairness."

We also had to keep this a secret from T so that he would be completely surprised today. We were so good, I usually give hints, but this time I didn't let one thing slip. I even waited in the car until I knew he was inside before I went into the school to wait for their assembly to begin.


I even made sure to video tape Taylor receiving his award. I was kind of annoyed because the lady presenting the awards had been talking into the microphone perfect for all the kids before T and then she didn't talk into it at first when T got his award. At least you can see him come up and kind of hear why he was present with this award and then you see him pose for the school picture.



This is the award that Taylor received!

This is Taylor with his teacher Mr. Raubenheimer. Mr. Raubenheimer is originally from South Africa and has brought a lot of experience with him as well as a lot of new things for the kids to learn about. He has been wonderful with Taylor and we have seen Taylor's grades continue to get better and better since having Mr. Raubenheimer as his teacher.



We took a few pictures at school of Taylor holding his award along with his other treasures that he received with the award; a water bottle, a pencil, and a band bracelet. None of them really turned out so we tried taking one at home where he wasn't distracted by all of his friends. This one turned out perfect.



Taylor we are so very proud of you and your willingness to treat others the way you want to be treated. You have such a strong sense of right and wrong and your not afraid to listen to your instincts and not just follow along with the crowd. I am constantly amazed at how strong of a personality you have and your bravery to speak our for what is right.
We love you tons and am so proud to have you as our son!!!

3 comments:

  1. I've always really admired two things about that boy of yours: his sense of humor (his sense of comedic timing is AMAZING!) and how he's always had such a clear sense of who he is. So excited that he got some great recognition for it. Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing kid! Congrats Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Taylor!! You are an amazing kid. I love that you are always so kind to my boys and I definitely love that sense of humor!!!

    ReplyDelete