Saturday, April 9, 2011

My day in pictures

I had this brilliant idea on Thursday to take pictures of my day. It all started when I saw pigeons on my balcony. They were actually kind of pretty. I wish the detail showed up better, this one's neck was so purple. I had fun just watching them, the other one flew away when it saw my camera. I had no idea that pigeons are camera shy.


Then it got a little harder to continue with taking pictures of what I saw that day. I was driving out to Grantsville to see my friend Michele and it was so windy that there was no way for me to get the picture I really wanted. If you live in Utah and have ever driven the Great Salt Lake when a storm is blowing in, it turns this shade of green that can be amazing. Thursday it was so distracting to look at as I took the on ramp to I-80. The lake was so green and the Islands were dark blue and the sky was almost black. It was amazing to see, I really should have pulled over and tried to get a picture but with the wind and all the semi's on the freeway I chickened out. Hopefully there will be a next time.

As I drove into Grantsville there was this wall of black to my right (or north). The further into town I got, the further the clouds rolled down the mountains and the blacker it got. I did take a second to get a picture of the clouds and mountains while I was waiting to turn. This picture doesn't even do the weather justice. I couldn't believe how many different shades of blues and blacks there were and how dark it was to the right and coming closer. I barely made it to Michele's before it opened up and down poured. I love big storms like that! I could hear thunder and as I drove back into Salt Lake I watched it lightening all over the city.

I didn't end up with all the pictures I had in mind when I had that wonderful thought in the morning, but I still think it will be fun to try doing this again and being more prepared next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment