Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kelton's 14th Birthday

Kelton turned 14 this week, actually back on April 4th. I've been a little slow this week and along with my laundry suffering, so has my poor blog. Which also means that Kelton had to wait for me to write about his birthday.

Kelton's birthday ended up being a 4 day event (it usually is). He spent the night with his Grandma's Shauna and Chris and then they took him birthday shopping last Saturday. I was surprised when he only came home with a couple of Lego sets (I'm proud of ya mom).

Sunday, we went to Tooele and invaded Kenny's Grandma's house. Kenny took over being the master chef of Hamburgers and cooked Kelton's birthday dinner for that night. We enjoyed one of Kelton's favorite dinners, cheeseburgers and chips (we did add some fruit and veggies in there but that was not his request).


The boys eating dinner; Seth, Kelton, Taylor.

Grandma Ruth, she was so nice to let us all invade her house and stink it up with the smell of cheeseburgers! She also didn't mind that I invited all of Kenny's sisters and their families up for cake and ice cream. I was thankful to have Heri, Carrie, and Audrey come up and help us eat cake and ice cream. Kelton was spoiled here as well, he got some stuff to help him not smell quit so much like a teenage boy from his aunt Carrie and an amazing outfit from his Grandma Susie.


Monday night was his actual birthday and he wanted to have chicken enchiladas for dinner. I was also requested to make them like his aunt Christy's. I didn't have a recipe but I had watched her make her enchiladas once so I started dumping and they turned out wonderful.

We had Grandma Shauna and Chris and my sister over for dinner and we did our traditional super fast happy birthday song before the lighters burnt any fingers. It's fun to see how fast we can sing the song and even though my mom can be without her oxygen when she is sitting I think we'll keep the tradition. It's just fun!

I couldn't believe it when they got to our home and started to unload all this ice cream. I said they could bring ice cream, but I was not expecting this. Everyone got to have their own pint of ice cream to go with the strawberry cake that Kelton had me make.

This part is just to good not to share. My mom, in her sugar induced silliness, said that she was going to start a new birthday tradition of table dancing. I told her to go for it but that it was Becca's table so she might want to run that idea past her. This is Becca'a reaction once she realized what mom was talking about. Priceless!!
Kelton finally got his present from his mom and dad on wednesday, when we could finally track down a lego star wars III for the WII. We have barely seen either of the boys since that video game entered this house. I think Kelton ended up having a good birthday.

A quick side note, Kelton came home on his birthday and cleaned his room then he has been way helpful all week. He even seemed to enjoy being alone with me while Kenny and Taylor were gone to a boy scout overnighter. I think if this is how 14 is going to be, I will really like this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment