Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

I sat awake for a long time last night thinking about this movie and the life lessons that I learned while watching it. I should probably read the book now, books are always better. There are so many times and places that we learn little life lessons and I am thankful to all of you out there that are willing to share the lessons that you are learning, they help me a lot. In my stupor of sleepiness, I decided that I am going to start a new subject called life lessons and share all of the silly, thought provoking, or inspiring life lessons that I learn along the way.


I truly did not think this picture would be this big!!

I love the journey that Liz went on through this story. I don't think we need to travel the world to have some of the same eye opening experiences and to grow and learn like she did. I'm really only saying that because I can't travel the world to learn about myself, I have to do it here from my home and drag ya'll with me.

EAT: I think this was my favorite part. I love to eat, it was fun to see her in Rome, and it was wonderful to see a woman learn to appreciate herself just as she is. Since I was raised Italian, it was fun to see her eating some of the food that we love and to see her in situations that I can relate to (not being Rome), the noise of the family and the expressions that are shared with each other using your whole body. Very seldom can I get through a conversation without using my hands and once they start they can really get going as fast as my mouth. Back to eat; I loved the part where her friend is having a hard time with her "muffin top" and Liz asks her if she has ever undressed for a man and had him make a mean comment or leave. Her friend answers no and Liz says that is because they don't care. Once they are done eating their pizza they go off to buy some "fat jeans". Throughout this entire part of the movie I learned that it's not just to eat food that we need to be able to appreciate all that is offered to us to take in and digest. We have our families, our friends, and anything else out there for us to enjoy. That will be something different for each of us, but we need to take the time to slowly take these things in and appreciate them. And, we still need to remember the food, we definitely need to eat our food slowly and appreciate good food (not just any food, only good food).

PRAY: There is that part of us that needs to know that there is someone who is more powerful than us that is watching over us. That this person is there for us to hand our problems over to and take them off of our shoulders. Once again, that is going to be different for each of us. Spirituality is so unique and deeply personal for each person that I wouldn't even begin to preach or say how you can find that place for yourself. For me, I read my scriptures, I pray to God, and I have developed over the years a strong testimony of God and that he is there. He knows me and knows my needs and He will take my problems off of my shoulders and help me when I will allow Him. Whatever journey each of you are on, I hope that you can find your center and have peace in your life.

LOVE: In the movie Liz has been through one emotional relationship after another and is scared to open her heart again and love someone again. A large portion of her journey is to forgive herself so that she can move forward and learn to love and accept love again. Forgiving yourself can be the hardest part. I know that I will hang onto things that I did years ago because I just can't forgive myself for being a dork or what ever else it is that I did. I know that by doing this that it has made it hard for me to completely let God in and to feel of his love and to also let Kenny in and completely feel of his love. I know it's there but I'm always so busy nit picking everything that I do wrong that I don't stop and just accept that compliment or accept that my wonderful husband does love me just how I am. We have to love ourselves first and that is a journey that I am still on. Somewhere in there I got stuck at a Jr. High stage and I just haven't progressed much, but I'm getting there. This is one of my hardest journey's that I am going through in life.

While I watched the movie I didn't think to much about all the lessons that applied to me in my life. I'm not even sure if anyone else spent the time to think about this too deeply either or even see any resemblances to their lives. Even though I am about ready to fall asleep right now because I was up so late with all of this running through my mind, I'm glad that I had that time to look at my life and check to see if I am working to move forward and enjoy this life that I have been blessed with or if I'm stuck or heaven forbid moving backward. Pretty sure I'm not moving backward. Now my job is to take all of this and use it in my life so that I can become a better person. One who can truly eat, pray, love!

1 comment:

  1. The book is even better :).....Would love take an international journey like Liz :)...

    ReplyDelete