Monday, May 30, 2011

In Honor

In the Salt Lake Tribune this morning they had some quotes regarding Memorial Day. I had been thinking of the right way to mark this day and just didn't know what to say that would truly do justice to the importance of what this day symbolizes. Lucky for me the Tribune did all the work and I just want to share with you the one quote that most affected me.

President Harry S. Truman
"Our debt to the heroic men and valiant women in the service of our country can never be repaid. They have earned our undying gratitude. America will never forget their sacrifices. Because of these sacrifices, the dawn of justice and freedom throughout the world slowly casts its gleam across the horizon.

"At this decisive hour in history, it is very difficult to express my feelings. Words will not convey what is in my heart." (radio address to the armed forces, April 17, 1945)

Thank you to all who have served and all who are serving. I can't say it any better than President Truman and like him I can't convey my feelings with words. All of you are amazing and brave.

THANK YOU!!!

1 comment: