Monday, October 3, 2011

The Library

I love going to the library.  I love seeing all of the books.  I love finding new authors that can take me on an adventure or to another place and time.  Now my boys love going to the library and they love to see all the books and they like to check out stuff that I don't think I would have found unless I had to read it or listen to it as research for something.



Before I get to our treasures that we found and checked out, I have to show you the entire section of comics that my friends husband does the artwork for.  I actually went to school with the artist but we didn't really meet until they moved into our neighborhood and I became friends with his wife.  Aside from the shameless advertising for Wya, I need to add that he also does other amazing artwork (not just the amazing bloody fight scenes you see here).





Above and below are the treasures that Taylor found.  I have to add that he first brought me a book that was all about protecting yourself from identity theft and announced "that it will be really good information for the future."  Then he added that his other idea was a a legal book.  Not just any legal book, a book on how to do lawsuits.  Just what every 12 year old needs to be thinking about and planning for.

After some negotiations he came back with the 2 CD's that are above.  Not one but 2 sound effect CD's.  I finally consented and listened to some of the commercial CD.  It really didn't last long.  Kenny finally gave in and put in the Military sounds CD.  That was much more fun and we thought it would be fun to place a microphone on the outside of our car and drive through certain suburb neighborhoods playing the gun fire. Any bets as to how long before we would get pulled over by police? heehee!!

With some gentle nudging from his brother Taylor gave up reading about the law and identity theft and found this novel.  So far he loves it!
   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Above are the selections that Kelton picked.  He actually picked another couple books, all of his books are number one in a series.  I love how he picks 3 or 4 books and then will read them in a round.  He will read so many pages from on and then move to the next, do the same thing, move to the next and then go back to the first.  I could never do that, I have to read one book and then the next.  I would confuse them and put them all together.  We have all the episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, and the old original Star Trek.  I think they even found some old Star Trek cartoons.  That is obviously not enough Star Trek for one home because he had to check out those 2 movies.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we have my boring girl picks.  No sound effects or ships or blowing things up or anything that includes fart sounds.  Yes, I said fart sounds!

I found 2 Jane Austen books.  Since I have never read any of her books I thought I would pick 2 random ones and give them a try.  I can't wait to finish Anna Karinana so I can start these.  I then found The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest.  When I started to read what the story is about (because I feel that I'm one of the few that hasn't read that book yet) it mentioned that it has the same main character that was in the first 2 books that Larsson wrote.  I decided that due to my OCD nature of having to read things in order that I would begin with the first book and then move on.  




 This is pretty much how all of our trips to the library goes.  I love going with my boys and seeing them wander through the isles and try to choose just a few books and then go back and forth forever.  I bet I could get pretty far in a book and spend half the day there waiting while they decide.  

No more writing...time to read!



No comments:

Post a Comment