Tuesday, October 4, 2011

McDonald's Flashback

We stopped last night on the way home to grab something to eat and ended up at McDonald's.  I know, glamorous huh!  We only take our kids to the very best.

Anyway, when we were done with our meal we turned around and saw this high chair.  I hope others of you remember these.  Kenny and I about died.  We couldn't believe that they would still have one of these "vintage" high chairs still around.  Does anyone, other than us, remember how they used to be all clean and would have a bag with cookies attached to the side?  Just remembering that made my mouth water for those yummy cookies. When was the last time any of us saw a high chair with wheels?  I'm pretty sure I pushed either my little sister around in one of those or some younger cousin.  I'm also pretty sure that I got in trouble for pushing anyone around in the restaurant!  What else was I supposed to do, we didn't have playlands back then.

I do remember when they started adding in the outside playlands and how cool they were.  I also remember that for the most part it was either too hot or too cold to ever play on them.  They were all metal and in the summer you could get 3rd degree burns and in the winter we could have all re-created one of my favorite scenes from A Christmas Story!  It's shtuck...It's shtuck!!  If only you could see me laughing right now thinking of that movie and that I don't think I spelled that right but you get the point.

It is amazing how much of my childhood came back just from seeing one high chair on wheels!
(I could go on and on and on and......)


I hope that this brought back a little piece of each of your childhood's.  I also am hoping that I am not the only one who could taste vanilla in my mouth when I remembered the little bag of cookies.

1 comment: