Monday, October 31, 2011

Grace

Our lives here have been a little crazy and until I knew what some the craziness was going to come to I haven't wanted to write about it.  On top of that, one of our computers decided to die on us and with 2 children in online school I never get anytime to get on the computer unless it's after everyone has gone to bed.  I'll catch everyone up on all that we have done but I just have to quickly write about my day.  To understand my day I need to take you back 2 weeks.

It was decided that I needed to have an overnight sleep study done to see if I have sleep apnea.  I shared some of my concerns with family who have had sleep studies done before and they told me not to worry.  Needless to say, my worries came true only they weren't as bad as I thought they would be.  I showed up at my appointment time and when it was my turn to get all "hooked up" is when those worries were realized.  I had wires down my clothes, attached to my head, my face, my neck, my double chin, my chest, my legs.  I also had sensors that were wrapped around my tummy and chest.  I was afraid because the paper said that they could place sensors in my nose and or mouth.  I was told that it wouldn't happen, but to my surprise, I had not 1 but 2 sensors placed in the opening of my nose.  It wasn't too bad, it was like going back to wearing oxygen.  By the time I was done I must have looked like one of the Borg. It's the best way I can think of to explain what I think I looked like.  All I could imagine was when the Borg are attached in their little holding cell thing and they are plugged in and there are all these wires everywhere.  I think I've been watching too much Star Trek.

After waiting for 2 weeks I went into see my doctor today.  It has been an off day and I was barely able to squeeze in a shower and dry my hair before I had to leave.  I thought that I was lookin' pretty good except for the fact that I never got to do my make up.  I even had on my oh so cute denim high heel sandals that have an open toe so you could see my blue toe nails. For some of you, to clarify, these are not the blue and white checked high heel sandals that I wore for family pictures and fell in the middle of the road in.

So, here is the good part.  Picture it, me running late (nothing new so far).  I open the door to the very quiet waiting room and as I step through the doorway I stepped to my side.  My foot moved but my shoe stayed where it was, it liked where it was.  I start to tumble and fall but amazingly I catch myself on the door jam with my lightning fast reflexes (haha).  There were only 2 women in the waiting room and they both looked up and just as quickly looked back down.  I could hear some giggling at the receptionist desk and I was kind of giggling myself.  As I walked up to the counter the lady asked for my name and as I answered her I also said, way to make an entrance there.  She kept doing her job and then asked me what I had said, I repeated my name.  She said no, before, oh my we weren't laughing at you there was something else going on.  Uh Huh! I told her it was okay because I was laughing at myself.  When it's that obvious that you just fell into a room it's really hard to hide what you just did.

Not just anyone can enter their doctor's waiting room with that much style and class and pull it off.

Yep, just call me Grace!!


By the way, I do have sleep apnea and will have another sleep study in 2 weeks.  Really! As if being an uncoordinated Borg with Fibromyalgia and RA isn't enough, now I have to add another diagnosis to my ever growing list that makes me the freak that I am.  There is no way I'm going to ask what else because I could end up with multiple surgeries in one day again :)

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick FYI, you are not a freak. I would define you more like an anomaly. :)

    ReplyDelete