Saturday, July 2, 2011

Date Day (yes, I said day)

What an amazing Saturday we have had. I got to start the morning by doing my nails, they are now strengthened with acrylic and are a cute pink. We then got to attend the baptism of Kenny's cousin Steve's son. I can't believe that their oldest is now 8 and old enough to be baptized. All of the family that participated in giving talks did a wonderful job. Congratulations Drake!!!

After the baptism, we came home and my mom and Chris were already here and ready to take the boys. They were recruited to help do yard work. Mom and Chris have a huge yard and there is no way Chris and Becca can or should have to handle all of that alone. Not with us near and our boys at the perfect age to work.

Once they were gone we went and got Kenny's hair cut and then went and saw Larry Crowne. I loved it! It was such a good movie and reflects so much of what most of us are going through in life right now. There is something for everyone in this movie. Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts make such a cute couple and their chemistry was amazing. They were just so cute together.

After the movie we didn't feel like going home, so we went and looked at furniture. We drove out to Furniture Row and IKEA. We walked all through the shops on furniture row and fell in love with a sectional that is cream colored, has 3 recliners and a chaise lounge. It would perfect in our home. We also found some beds that we liked for the boys. I wish we could get it all. We wandered over to Ashley Warehouse and looked around. I was actually surprised that neither of us found anything that we really liked. There was one couch that had a chaise and an ottoman with a matching chair. They didn't have prices on any of their furniture, just the "old" price crossed out. I made the mistake of asking how much the set would be and it was quickly steered into a high pressure sales situation. I have never had to deal with that at a furniture store and I did not appreciate the tactics that this sales woman used to try to close the deal. When she kept pushing after we said no, I told her that it was still our decision and that we needed to wait. To my horror, she said well if you come back tomorrow I can tell you the price will be different. Like threatening us with a different price is going to make us drop everything and buy a sofa we only kind of like. Oh, you so don't even try to use threats to make me do something. I will only dig my heels in even more and get even more snotty. I will never go back to an Ashley store!!

After that we went over to IKEA and looked around. We were looking for some things that would help us get organized. We found some hanging shelves to put in the boys closet so that we can get rid of at least one dresser in their room and help to give them some more room to move around. I can't wait to help them organize their clothes. We wanted to just look at dishes because the ones that we bought at an expensive department store haven't worked out for us to well. Almost every plate has chipped and they are just big, heavy and awkward. We found these cute sets of dishes for a smokin' deal and so we had to get them. We got rid of our ugly plastic dishes and our chipped expensive dishes and these so cute blue dishes are in the dishwasher right now.

We haven't bought new glasses since we lived in our first house on 320 West in Tooele. If you know us, then you know that was a long time ago (and right now I'm to tired to do the math). We found these for another smokin' deal and they have a blue tint to them so they look great with the dishes. I love IKEA!!!
We stopped to look at motorcycles, but the store was already closed. Guess that will have to be for another day :)

We did stop to get something to eat and had dinner for under $10. We went to Burger King and got their chicken sandwich for cheap, shared fries and each got a large drink. So far we have had hit deal after deal. It was becoming a game for me. We went to Target to get a fan for our room because it turns into an oven in the morning when the sun first comes up and shines strait into our room.

Our last stop was at Payless shoe store. They have all their sandals on sale, some of them 50% off. I have wanted to get sandals ever since the weather hit 55 degrees. I wanted some cute little wedge sandals that had wicker and were just cute. I found them! Yes, them, I found so many pairs of sandals and somehow narrowed it down to 3 pairs. They were all so cheap, I didn't pay over $8 for any of them. I am so excited. I was planning my outfit for church tomorrow around which pair of shoes I wanted to wear first. I think I may be turning into my sister :) As you look at each of these pictures, you have to notice one thing.

heehee happy yellow, only $8!

Blue checks, I feel like it could be Dorthy's dress :) only $8!

This picture just didn't want to turn out but these are wicker on the bottom and denim on the sides and top with leather laced around the shoe. These ones, only $5!! Oh, yeah!

Did you notice anything? Not one pair of shoes is brown or black. I have an entire closet of brown and black shoes so that they will go with everything. I am so excited to wear all of these shoes and add some color to my feet.

I can't believe how much we crammed into our day and we are still going to watch another movie. An oldie but one that I really like, Young Guns. I haven't seen it in a very long time and Kenny doesn't really remember ever watching it.

What an amazing and fun day and I got to share it with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment