Monday, July 18, 2011

When Pedicures go wrong

This whole story started a few days ago when I received an email from my friend Katie. She sent me the link to a local channel's talk show when they featured ideas on how to do your own pedicure and have pretty toes. The actual name is "Simple Tips for Summer Pretty Toes." Here is the link:


I want to make sure you have this so that you can enjoy some of the ideas that are in here and so that you can understand what went wrong. I had shared some of the information that was part of this article with someone who wishes to remain nameless. You will completely understand by the time I'm done telling you what she did. I told her about how I tried part of step 4 which suggests that you use Olive Oil on your feet. Because of the fatty acids it contains it can help your feet look dramatically better overnight. She sent me a text asking me again how to do this part so she could try it and get her feet sandal ready for the next day. I explained in great detail how I had tried it, "my explanation started with how I had put olive oil on a paper towel and rubbed the oil into my foot and then put a sock on it. I then got a new paper towel (because there was no way the same paper towel was going to touch my feet and the opening of my olive oil, yuck!) and did the same thing to my other foot." They were noticeably better the next morning and if I had followed some of the other tips in the article my feet would be looking so good today.

I didn't hear from this dear friend until yesterday when she called to inform me that her story was totally blog worthy but that I couldn't tell anyone who she is. This is her part of the story and how she interpreted my text.

She had gotten into the shower and had used a pumas stone on her feet and then when she got out of the shower she proceeded to apply some "as seen on tv" foot rub that smelled like peppermint. Somewhere in this process she went to get the olive oil and found that she didn't have regular olive oil, she only had the non-stick spray olive oil. I think she said that it was even the Wal Mart brand. That part means nothing other than I think it's a funny part of the story that she had added. So, she doesn't want anyone to see her with the spray olive oil so she snuck it from the kitchen to the downstairs bathroom. After she had pumased, and rubbed on the peppermint "as seen on tv" crap on her feet; she then turned on the shower and the fan and anything else she could think of so that no one outside the bathroom could hear her in there spraying her feet with non-stick spray olive oil. She noticed that there was a strange new color to her feet, but, she just put on her socks to make sure she didn't leave little yellowish footprints all over the house. Other than the color, there must have been another reaction between the foot rub and the olive oil because when she walked into the room some of her family looked up and said, "What is that smell?!" She went about her business like she had no clue and soon was curled up in a blanket watching the movie with the rest of her family. At some point she needed to get up and once again there came a comment, this time from her son who also wanted to know where that smell was coming from. I think he was onto her though because he was looking right at her when she had uncovered her feet and the smell hit him. She will neither confirm nor deny anything at this point to anyone else.

As of the time when I had spoken with her yesterday there was no lasting side effects, however, she had taken her socks off while she slept and she had not gone to see what her socks or her sheets looked like. We're both hoping that it didn't stain the socks or bedding.

The link to the article above has some amazing suggestions that I can't wait to try, other than the olive oil. I would like to ask that if you try any of the suggestions within the article that you only do so if you are going to follow the directions that are given and promise to not get all creative on me. If that happens, I may be forced to remove the link and make you go to one of those dirty pedicure places. I think not! I would never do that to any of you. Just promise that you won't get creative and combine things that you don't know what they will do.

If you are not a chemist and you don't know nor can you pronounce most of what is on the bottle, don't combine it with anything else unless you know a chemist and can ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment