Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels


This is my cousin Jessie and me.

Jessie and her husband won tickets to the Hale Center Theater for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Her husband had to work and other family members had things that had to be done today so Jessie called to see if Kenny and I would like to go to the play. I asked Jess if she wanted to see the play because if she did I would go with her. She was totally okay with that and I got to have a girls evening out.

I know that there is a movie called Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, however, I have never seen it. So, I went to this play not knowing anything about the story or what to expect. I LOVED IT!!! I loved the music, the dancing and I laughed so much. There were so many great one liners and so many good dresses that twirled wonderfully. Yes, twirling is very important.

I have always known that we have a lot of talented people here in Utah, but the actors were amazing. So much better than I ever could have expected. The main character, Lawrence Jameson, was played by David Tinney. He did an amazing job and he is so very handsome. His co-conspirator, Andre Thibault, was played by Jeffrey Whitlock. He also did an amazing job and was just perfect. The chemistry between Tinney and Whitlock was perfect. I loved watching all of the other characters and the dancers were amazing. I loved both of their maid costumes, they had lots of tulle and twirled like nothing I've seen before. I do have to say that I loved Debra Weed as Jolene Oaks. She did such an amazing job dancing and singing and explaining Oklahoma to Lawrence. The song was so funny. I am impressed with how long the song was and she danced the entire time and was never winded while she sang.

Every one did an amazing job and I was very impressed with the Hale Center Theater over all.

I also have to thank Kenny for watching all of our boys while Jessie and I went to the play.
Thank You, Thank You Kenny!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment