Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunday Drive

Kenny and I decided to go for a drive last night to look around at a couple homes that we had found for rent. Our lease is up in a couple of months and we are trying to decide if we want to pay the new higher amount and stay or pay close to the same or a little higher and move. I really don't want to move, I like where we are at.

We drove over to Taylorsville to look at a condo that was still a 2 bedroom but was huge. We accidentally turned onto the wrong street and, oh my, can we say GHETTO! We found the ghetto of Taylorsville. The street that we were looking for was one street over and it looked the same. I know that every city can have one, I just didn't think that my old stomping ground would have an area that bad.

For kicks and giggles we decided to drive out to West Valley (almost Magna, but not) to see a modular home. Once again, we pulled onto the wrong street and we both were very happy that the doors were locked. This was past ghetto, this was a big hell no!! We went down the street and found the correct "neighborhood" and it was better but still not quit right for us.

While we were out for our Sunday Drive we used the time the best we could. We keep thinking of looking at a couple mobile home parks over by where one of Kenny's co-workers lives. We hopped onto the freeway and headed to a slightly better part of West Valley and started looking. The first one we looked at was actually really nice. It was so clean and quiet and there were lots of spots open if we wanted to pick out a brand new modular home and put in that development. I hope you're noticing my well chosen wording, they are neighborhoods, not the aluminum ghetto! Totally a Kenny term. We went down the street to the next neighborhood and even though I know there are a lot of homes in there to rent, there was also a lot of children out running wild and playing at 9:30 at night. Not quit right for us again.

Our last stop was some condo's that are in a better part of Taylorsville. We found one neighborhood that was wonderful and there were even 2 condo's in there for sale. That one was right for us, at least on the outside in twilight. We went to the next condo neighborhood that was just South of the first one and it was so crammed together. I can handle living in close Quarters, but that was beyond what I could deal with. That one got a very quick no as soon as we pulled in and I saw how it was set up. I don't think I'm that hard to please, but we found some doosies last night. It made me grateful for what we already have.

I was also grateful that we got to watch the little rainbow change and the sky change to the East as the sun went down behind us in the West. Driving around with my sweetheart surrounded by beauty really made me think and remember how blessed I already am and that I don't need more, I already have all my needs met.

No comments:

Post a Comment