Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Humbled by Asphalt

On Sunday we got up early and went to church with Kenny's cousin Steve because he was blessing their new baby that morning. The blessing was beautiful and I was so happy to be there and to be able to share that moment with their family. We love spending time with Steve and Kymrie and their family.

My plan was to go home and rest a little and then go to our ward for Sunday school and relief society. I also shared my thought that I wanted a fountain drink on the way home. We decided to go to the Maverik gas station by our home and I filled my cup with my coveted Coke Zero.



I had to add the Maverik sign just in case you live somewhere without one. They have the best soft drinks after Dt. Coke from McDonalds. Back to my story. I also need to add that Kenny gave me a full pill to help with my anxiety that morning. So, as the morning went on I started to move a little slower and was becoming a little more unsteady on my feet. You hopefully recognize the shoe below, it is one of my new pairs that I bought when Kenny and I went shopping on Saturday.

I was wearing a really cute denim skirt, a blue tank with a white dress shirt over the top and these so cute shoes. When we got home from getting our drinks I was getting really unsteady, so I was walking really really slow. I made it almost to the sidewalk but instead I went down. I didn't just go down, I fell in slow motion in front of one of our neighbors who is in a wheelchair. He started yelling, Kenny turned around and saw me on the asphalt and my drink all over the sidewalk. I fell under the carport for one of our neighbors and twisted my ankle and had road rash up both of my shins. I don't know how I looked when I fell, but the poor guy in the wheelchair was still hollering up the stairs at us to make sure I was okay.

There were many lessons learned that morning: Never take a full anxiety pill and wear new wedge shoes. Probably shouldn't "break the Sabbath" just for a Coke Zero. I also didn't get to go to anymore church that day because I took some pain meds and fell asleep. I then also spent the entire 4th of July day in bed in pain and asleep. Some of that could be blamed on my Fibromyalgia but I think the fall had something to do with it.

2 comments:

  1. Your shoes are adorable that you bought... I have a few pairs. Hope your mended from your fall, isn't it amazing how much harder it is to recover from a fall the older we get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fall does not sound good! I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete