Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Year in Review

After careful consideration, and help from a friend, I'm going to try doing our review by month. Since this is the first time trying anything like this, wish me the best :)

January - February: Well, this was the first of the year and none of us can remember anything. The only thing I do know is that we finally recovered from our cold from hell and got all the Christmas decorations put away. February always consists of Valentines day, but we had decided to boycott it this year. I felt as though we didn't need a specific date that we have to tell each other we love each other and if it doesn't come with diamonds then it's not good enough. We had a family Valentines day and I made us a fancy dinner and we played games.

March: I had my first Latte from Starbucks (I was good, there was no coffee). I also got to have a girls night out with my sister, the first of only two. Not much else happened this month. I think this might have been when Kenny was put on insulin but I could be wrong. Just know that at some point this year Kenny had to add insulin to his list of medications.

April: Kelton turned 13 and is now a teenager. Kenny and I celebrated our 16th Anniversary. I still can't believe we have been together that long. It still feels like yesterday that we got married. Easter was also in April this year and we were even nice parents this year and bought dye to dye the eggs. Funny thing is, the Grandma's did most of the dyeing while Kelton, Chris, and Kenny were downstairs playing with Kelton's new stereo.

May: We had several strong storms come and they had knocked down our neighbors fence, silly side note, as soon as it hit the ground it was our fence. Since we were renting, it really wasn't our responsibility, but Kenny and the boys spent their nights and a whole Saturday rebuilding the fence. It was amazing to see them out working together. We also got this crazy notion to buy another vehicle, number 28. We found our Ford Exhibition and have loved it ever since.

June: Taylor turned 11 and we officially have another tween in the house. We also went on our first vacation in years. We rented a cabin at Moon Lake and had the most amazing week there. We also learned that "fruit snack leaches" are nocturnal and live in wood paneling. We had so much fun playing on the beach and playing board games.

July: We went out to Grantsville and watched the parade and spent the day with Kenny's family. We then went to the drive in movies with Jessie and her family and saw The Last Airbender. I don't care what other people think, we liked that movie. I also got this crazy idea to bring home a kitten. I was told that it was a girl and she is so cute, I had to name her Bella (yes, I am that big of a twerd). Just a couple months ago I found out that Bella is not a girl and so to stick with the Italian theme, Kenny suggested we name him Tony (like from the Sopranos). So, Bella is now Tony. None of us can believe how fast he has grown and he is still so handsome.

August: This is the month when all of our medical fun started. My body finally said enough was enough and I woke up one morning not able to use my left arm and was in tons of pain. Went to instacare and they said I was fine and sent me home with pain pills. I then found a wonderful doctor who was able to help me and let me know that one of my ribs was out of place, he gently put it back in place and suggested that I be tested for Fibromyalgia. He also informed me that my anxiety was out of control. I don't even remember telling him that I have anxiety. I took the boys to my new doctor and they loved him. He did their annual exam and signed all their paperwork so they could go to scout camp. Both boys went to Scout camp for the first time (they let T go a year early). Kenny was one of the adults that went and they all had so much fun. Both boys were able to pass off so much. The also started school at the end of the month; Taylor started 6th grade and Kelton started 8th grade and was on the peer leadership team.

September: My family had a little intervention and informed me that I needed to stop working. I was in so much pain and my anxiety was so out of control that I needed to slow down and get everything under control. My mom let me know, very nicely, that she truly felt that I was on the verge of a complete breakdown. Kenny later told me that he really thinks that I was having a breakdown. I quite my job and we quickly realized that we couldn't afford our house and that we needed to find someplace that was more affordable. We began apartment shopping and was able to find the perfect place for us.

October: We moved into our cute little apartment and put most of our stuff in storage (thank you Chris). Both boys decided that they wanted to change over to their new schools, so we switched them to a whole new school district. So far it has been a very good move. Both boys are doing wonderful in school and are making some good friends. Toward the end of the month we found out that I needed to have a little procedure done and that Taylor needed surgery. So, for Halloween, we rented movies and had a scary night movie fest. It was so much fun, I had a ball watching movies with our family and having that bonding time together.

November: This month started with me having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. The next week Taylor went in for surgery number 6 to put plates on his growth plates to stop the growth in his long leg. He will need 2 more surgeries to take out the hardware and we find out in January when his next surgery will be. We also had Thanksgiving this month, obviously, and it was wonderful. This was our year with my family and everyone was there. The food was great and it was fun to visit with everyone.

December: We hit our deductible!!!!!! I got to have my second girls day out with my sister. I really don't think 2 is enough. Christmas was wonderful. We spent lots of time with family and the boys were completely spoiled. I joined the ward choir and sang in the Christmas program. We got to put tires on the Ford for the second time this year. Oh, and did I mention that we hit our deductible!! Now that we've had to pay cash for everything, I can go get a few of our prescriptions filled and not have to pay for them.

We had such a crazy (sometimes literally) year. It was good and our family has grown so close to each other. I have seen my boys care for each other when I couldn't. I have had both of them take care of me when I've had really bad days. Kenny and I have also grown closer and I've watched our marriage grow more meaningful. I have been amazed at how much help and love we've been shown by our neighbors and by our family. I hope everyone had a wonderful year as well and I wish us all an amazing 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Rachelle!! Love this post!! You did wonderful! Sounds like your 2010 was a little crazy! Let's hope for a wonderful 2011!

    ReplyDelete