Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YUUUUUUMMMMMM


I'm really not sure what came over me today, but I actually baked something. I haven't been able to do much baking for the last couple years and now that I'm at home I have the time to make a few goodies.

So, when that strange baking feeling came over me, I broke out the box of cake mix, the eggs and the oil. Sorry to disappoint anyone out there, but this was not homemade in any way. There aren't any layers to these cupcakes and I don't think I'm going to attempt the 12 layer cake right now. I did have fun though when I opened up the can of cream cheese frosting and starting playing with piping it on instead of just spreading it. Sadly, that was as creative as I got today.

I had so much fun adding and adding cream cheese frosting to this cupcake. It was the last one I did and was curious to see if I could anything different and to see how much frosting I could get on this baby. It may not look like it, but there is a ton of frosting. I enjoyed eating every bite of it too.

Here are the rest of the cupcakes that I made. Half are frosted with the cream cheese frosting and the other ones are covered with carmel frosting. It was the perfect combination to go with the devils food cake. It's the same thing here, I'm not sure if you can tell, but there is a ton of frosting on these babies. I'm pretty sure Kenny will have to get out his insulin if he just gets near these.

It was fun to be a little creative for a minute. Tomorrow I'll be making Strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. We'll have to see how creative I can get with that cake mix and a can of frosting.

1 comment: