Saturday, December 11, 2010

Like Hi!

Last night Kenny was enjoying box seats at the Jazz game and was getting completely pampered while the boys and I were at home. I was feeling a little mopey because I am sick and have no energy, so we didn't go rent any movies and we couldn't go see Becca's new car. Then Taylor walks in and wants to watch Godzilla! I am so glad that he did because then Kelton came and joined us and then it just got silly around here.

I am just going to be brutally honest here when I say that I can only take so much Godzilla and then it gets annoying. Especially the whiny helpless girls and the completely cheesy comments. So, instead of turning into Momzilla, I started making stupid comments along with the movie. The boys starting laughing so hard and Taylor even said that my, "comments make the movie better because you make it funny." Yay, I was doing something right!

My boys don't usually open up to much and be goofy with me, they just give me that look like it's time to put me in a home if I try to be silly with them. But last night they actually had fun. I started making comments about the whiny girl in the movie and Kelton had to tell me how much he can't stand the "valley girls" at school. They like bug him so much because he got stuck behind one in the lunch line and had to listen to her talk about how she just like got a perm and her pedi and like..... It was hilarious listening to Kelton do his best valley girl while telling me this story. I'm not sure if I should have encouraged this, but I kept telling him to say it higher and showed him how to toss his head (the head/hair flip is an important part of being a good valley girl). Both boys just laughed and then Taylor tried to do a valley girl type story. I was laughing so hard. At one point I told Kelton that now when he wants something he has to ask for it with his best valley girl voice. That time I did get the eye roll. I really thought that the whole valley girl thing was just an 80's thing, but I guess just like fashion that has come back as well.

I think that my ears were really plugged last night from my cold because I couldn't hear anything right that the boys said. At one point Kelton asked if Godzilla was green and I heard, "is Godzilla's pee green?" I was so shocked and wondered for a minute why that would matter, turns out it didn't. Then they boys started saying that they wanted to turn those sissy sparkly vampires over to Godzilla and let him take care of them. Somehow in that part of the conversation they moved over to Sesame Street and said that the count from sesame street was sucking big birds blood. That is not what I heard, I heard, "The count is sucking big birds butt." Once again the boys were laughing and had to explain to me that was not what they said. Whew, that was a relief.

It ended up being a wonderful Friday night for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment