Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December, Snow, & Giving

YEAH!!! It's December and now I feel like I can officially put a winter border on my blog. I love this one, it makes me go for a walk and enjoy the cold crisp air. I used to go walking every morning when it was 19 degrees and loved every moment. I hope my walking partner enjoyed it as well :)

I will add in pictures of Thanksgiving soon, but with over 15 inches of snow sitting outside and below freezing temps, I feel like focusing on winter and Christmas.

My friend Kim let me borrow some books and one of them was called "Christmas Jars". It is a short book, but has more meaning than some books that are hundreds of pages. I was immediately sucked into the story and before I was done I was trying to figure out how to better implement my own Christmas jars into my life. I was taught early, through watching my parents, that helping others is an important part of life. I love helping as long no one knows it came from me. That is what makes it fun, watching people try to figure out where things could have come from. Giving also means a lot to me because I was the recipient of Sub for Santa and Quarters for Christmas and other groups that help families in need. The year after my parents got divorced we had Sub for Santa and received some amazing gifts that we wouldn't have had if it wasn't for the love of others. We also received certificates from Quarters for Christmas so we could get some new shoes. Going to the Ballet and seeing the "Nutcracker" was the cherry on top that year. I still love going to the Ballet and will always remember that Christmas when my family was spoiled by other people's love. That Christmas helped to plant more than one seed, a love of the arts and a love of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment