Wednesday, November 24, 2010

T's Humor

We are trying to pick up the house right now and get ready to leave to see their grandma's. I asked both boys to do a few certain things and even though they are doing them, they are being so silly.

One of the things that I asked them to do was take out the garbage and the dog. Taylor said that he was going to wear his flip flops (mind you it is 15 degrees outside). I tried to persuade him to put on shoes and then in my best mother voice said, "I don't want to hear you crying if you lose a toe from the cold." Taylor's response, "whatever, I already lost a toe." I almost died laughing that he would come back and burn me so fast.

For those of you who don't know, when Taylor was 3 we had to amputate one of his toes in one of his biggest surgeries that he has had to have. He was really upset when he found out that we had taken one of his toes away and was angry with me for a long time. I'm glad that he has finally found a way to be okay with what has happened and who he is. In that same surgery they had to break his leg and turn it so that it was straight since it was turning in.

While we were all laughing about Taylor's wit, Kelton said, "well then break a leg." Taylor's response, "that has already been done too." He then informed us that there's not much that hasn't already been done to him. I love it when our sick hospital/funeral humor kicks in.

Taylor just informed me that there better be a grave for his toe somewhere (even if it was imaginary), Los Angeles would be preferable. He said that he wants the gravestone to read, "Taylor's toe, lost in surgery."

I think I've subjected you to enough of our weird humor for today :)

1 comment: