Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude

What a better way to start November than to take a few minutes to remember all that I have in my life to be grateful for. My family is truly blessed every day and I would like to say thank you for those blessings.

*I am thankful for all of my extended family! I have a wonderful Mom who raised me and instilled all that I am into me. It was both my Mom and Dad that showed me how to serve others. My Step-Mom who is also one of the greatest examples of love and service I can think of. She has also helped me to know that it's okay to take down some of my walls and allow her into my life and come to love her. I have an amazing Mother-in-Law that has shown and taught me how to have great strength in the face of overwhelming odds. She is also an incredible example of service to others. Last, but not least, are my sister and my 3 sister-in-laws; all of you bring a strength all your own and teach me something that improves my life just about every day.

*I am thankful for my Husband! He has been such an amazing example to me ever since we met. I have learned so many things from him; some good examples are to never be afraid to stand up for yourself and to say what is right even if it means not being the most popular. He is such a hard worker and has always made sure that his family is taken care of, not just me and the boys, but all of our family.

*I am thankful for my boys! They have each brought so much to our family. I love how different they are and yet how similar they can be. It's always interesting to see how they can fight and then 2 seconds later be ready to protect each other from some bully at school. I can't even imagine how boring our lives would be without them.

*I am thankful to have a home! I know it's not a big show house, but it is perfect for us and we love not having to do yard work or shovel. We also don't miss "Lake Lee" :)

*I am thankful to have food for my family! It might not always be a masterpiece and there are times like tonight when we have Hamburger Helper, but there is always something to eat.

*I am thankful for my faith! There are so many times that I rely on my faith and my testimony of our Saviour. I am so thankful to be able to turn my problems over to him and know that I can rely on Him to help me through. I also am thankful that my family will be together for all eternity.

There are lots of other things to be thankful for, like, modern medicine, epidural, reliable cars, education, friends, clothes, shoes, air freshener, microwave oven, and fast food (for when you burn dinner). The list could go on forever, right down to toe nail clippers.

One of the things that I have learned is that when I'm having a bad day and start to focus on the negative (and I can do that well), if I will stop and start to realize what I have been blessed with my day always goes better.

I challenge each of us to try this and share our blessings with others this month. Maybe, if we can do this for a month it will become a part of us and we will want to continue to do it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment