Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fist Bump

I did see the GI doctor on Monday and found out that I do have to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. Before I went to my appointment I was joking with my sister-in-law and told her that I want everything done at one time. She thought they would need to do is separately. I really want both procedures done at one time and I said that they could have one person at one end and another at the other end and "fist bump" in the middle. We laughed a lot over that but she still thought that it would most likely be done separately.

Later (still before my appointment) I told my mom what I wanted and she thought it was funny but I don't remember her saying to much about it. I then suggested that we could bet as to where they would "fist bump". She ruined it by being a nurse and knowing exactly where each scope ended. That was the end of betting, I thought it would have been fun. Sick, but fun.

When I went to my appointment the doctor informed me that I did need both the upper and lower scope and that we can do them at the same time. No way!

My appointment isn't until the first part of November, but I will keep you posted. Not about the prepping part (yuuuuuck), but the after part when I am coming out of anesthesia. Post anesthesia is always entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Internal knuckle bump! Ha!

    As to the delightful event of dealing with the prep work that takes place for the colonoscoy I'll just say I'm sure it will be a cleansing experience.

    Total liquidation sale, everything must go.

    ReplyDelete