Thursday, October 21, 2010

All Boxed Up

We're going backward for a moment. I wanted to show you the chaos that we enjoyed living in while we were getting ready to move. I also have to add that all the boxing was done by Kenny, Kelton, Taylor, Becca, Cheryl Thomas, Rebecca Wynn, Nancy Stephens and Sister Nielson (sorry, I don't know your first name). I think I was only able to pack about 4 boxes and then would have to rest. It just about killed me to have everyone else do my work, but Thank You for all of your help and love.

Above and below is the living room. We tip toed around these boxes and I'm glad that it worked out okay and that even the pets were careful because within this pile was my china and my Christmas dishes.
You can't really tell, but there was just this narrow passageway to get into the kitchen.
A couple thoughts: I personally love that I took this showing how things really were with the blankets everywhere and the box on the chair, sometimes seeing real life can be an eye opener.
Next thought is that my green plant stand that is next to the orange and grey backpack is missing, I can't find it. If anyone out there knows what happened to my plant stand please let me know. I would really like to get my plant off my kitchen table. Thank You!

Below is the dinning area of our kitchen, this is the only part of the kitchen I can show you. If I had turned the camera and let you see my counter tops, it would have been to much of reality.
Anyway, I can't believe that two people came in here and boxed my entire kitchen in less than an hour. They were amazing!!

This is one section of the bonus room that was above the garage. This is the cleanest I have seen that room in over six months (why did I just admit that?). I think I gave up on that room when I realized that no matter what I did the carpet would always be protected by a layer of Lego's.

Here is the "blue room" also known as the "girl room" or just "mom's room". I guess they all worked except for it was also the catch all room. This was where everything went when we didn't know what to do with it. The pile of clothing on the ironing board should be proof enough. This was the one room that I walked into probably 20 times to pack and then walked right back out because I just couldn't think of what to do with anything in there. I know the obvious answer would be to put it into a box, but I didn't want to keep some of the things in the room and I didn't want to pack them, move them, and then try to figure out what to do.
Nancy was wonderful because she just tore through there like a tornado and had everything organized and boxed in no time. I'm glad she did because I have found things that I want to use in decorating our new place.

Thanks to everyones help, we were able to move everything out of the house quickly and get it loaded onto the trucks. Our only draw back was that as all of our furniture was moved out to the yard so it could be organized and loaded quickly, we had several people stop and look over our furniture and things like we were having a yard sale.
A couple of the guys that were outside with our things did have to tell one person that we were not having a yard sale. It never occurred to me that people would think that. Now that I know this, I will make a sign that says "this is not a yard sale" and post it somewhere.

Please don't let that worry any of you, we are not planning on moving again anytime soon (haaaahaaaahaaaaa). We never plan, it just happens.

Thank you to everyone that helped us. I'm not going to list individuals because I'll miss someone.
Thank you to my family that was able to help!!
Thank you to Kenny's family that was able to come and help!!
Thank you to a large portion of the Elders Quorum for helping us!!

One last Thank You to Sister Nielsen and Sister Merritt for the wonderful dinners that you made for us. They were so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment