Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Do you know what the "P" word is?

We have family dinner with my family at least once a week and it is a time that we always look forward to. You can guarantee that unless something else is going on we will be at my Mom's house either on Friday or Sunday, and Friday is always clams and macaroni YUUUUUUUM!

This last weekend when we were all sitting around the dinner table I was sharing a story about a conversation that I had with my cousin. It was one of my rough days and she told me, "you are not a pussy." Alright, I hate that word! We have been very creative in coming up with other phrases that could mean something similar, like "cake boy". We had to do that because for some reason that is Kenny's favorite line at the end of "Fast and the Furious". Once the boys figured out that that was their dad's favorite part of the entire movie we had to come up with something quick. Somehow we ended up with "cake boy" and it has worked for the most part to this point.

The only time it didn't work was when Taylor heard Kenny and I talking about someone and he said from the back seat, "Oh just say it how it really is, he's a "p"." I think I almost wreaked the car and at the same time didn't know whether to laugh or yell. It caught me so off guard.

Back to this last weekend, I'm telling this story and my sister asks Taylor, my cute little innocent son (I can pretend for a minute) if he knows what that word really means. Right there at the table with all of us sitting there to hear, he says, "yes I know what that means, it means vagina." Once we were all able to swallow instead of losing our macaroni all over the table, we looked at each other and started laughing. His Aunt Becca was very proud of him knowing the correct terminology and his Mom is still in a state of shock that he said vagina at the dinner table in front of his Grandma's. I really don't know why I was shocked, I'm pretty sure worse has been uttered around that table.

I knew my boys were growing up but I was hoping that there were a few things that they didn't know about yet. I can't even blame it all on the public school system either, because this is how our family dinners go. Oh, and I let them watch Seinfeld and we all remember the entire episode that was devoted to just that one word (the v one, not the p one). I've always been a little nervous to write some of my Taylor stories because I don't know how people will take them and then I have to wait and hope that child protective services won't come knocking on my door. Please give me some feed back so I know if I'm safe to keep sharing these stories, they really are priceless.

I love ya T, don't ya ever change!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love those Taylor stories!...the ones I've heard anyway. That boy is funny!

    ReplyDelete