Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer 2010 Adventures

Now that August is over I thought I would recap this summer so that we can remember all that has happened. Our (at least mine) motto was "Go Big or Go Home." I figured that since most things happened multiple times that I would do my recap by the numbers. Here we go: (none of this is in order, it's a number thing)

0 vacation/camping/moon lake fun!

1 new daughter (my cousin Jessie was thought to be my daughter for a day, she is only 3 years younger than me. I must have started incredibly young!)

1 MRI

1 surgery

1 passed out followed by a seizure and a code. Luckily I came back before they had to do CPR or zap me!

1 oxygen concentrator (still need this at night)

1 blood transfusion, I was a couple pints low :)

1 week long boys camp that included 1 injury (both boys went this year and T was very brave while they were fixing up his arm after flying over his handlebars on a mountain bike trail)

1 Stake Youth Conference (Kelton had so much fun)

1 trip to the race track to watch the drag races (tried to go again but we got rained out)

2 birthday's (Kenny and Taylor; T turned 12 and received the Priesthood)

2 biopsy's (because one is never enough)

2 ambulance rides (one time one of the EMT's was Kenny's customer, small world)

2 ER visits

2 trips to the water park (really should have been more)

2 UT Blaze games

3 hospital stays

4 CT scans (this could be more but I'm pretty sure it has been 4 so far)

5 IV's (once again, because one is just never enough)

5 finger pokes so far to check my PT/INR because of the Coumadin.

9 canisters of oxygen

13 doctor visits (these were not all for me, I did take care of other family members)

Too numerous to count were the blood clots in my lungs and the number of times I had my blood drawn (my veins started to shut down in my left arm). I think I can also add all the antibiotics that I have been on.

So far it looks like Summer is going to creep into Fall. Taylor was diagnosed with reactive airway disorder (I know asthma) and he will be having surgery on Sept. 26th. He has been calling it his pit stop and then makes drill sounds. He is just having the hardware removed from the inside of his tibia, he is starting to get a little bowlegged. Kenny hasn't been feeling well but is slowly getting better. Kelton still needs some more tests to figure out what is causing some of his pain but his blood tests all came normal. The doctor thought he might have RA also. Good News!!

Through all of this I have been able to see and appreciate all the blessings that have come our way. I understand that each day is a blessing and the time with my family is more precious now than ever. It should have always been that way but I was so content to take it for granted that we would always just be here. Almost dying helps to make you learn quickly how precious every moment is.

Here is to a just as eventful summer of 2012...it just needs to include regular adventure instead of medical drama :)



No comments:

Post a Comment