Monday, June 20, 2011

My little adult

I just have to share a Taylor story. Last week at school he was putting up with one of the girls in his class that is kind of a class bully. According to Taylor, she isn't very nice to anyone.

After being hit a few times, Taylor looks at her and says, "Is this really the kind of attention you want? Are you not getting enough attention at home? Since you feel that you can treat me this way then I can treat you the same way you are treating me."

I asked Taylor if he really did say that or if it was a story and he said that he really did say that to this girl. My next thought was, what did your teacher say? Taylor told me that his teacher said he sounded like a little adult.

When my boys start to act up and push me to the end of my rope I will ask them what kind of attention they want to receive from me. Do they want to stop acting and doing things they know are wrong and have positive attention or keep going and get negative attention. I guess at some point they have listened for Taylor to say it to a classmate. I'm glad he picked up on one of my more appropriate lectures.


No comments:

Post a Comment