Sunday, June 26, 2011

Obvious signs

I made Sweet and Sour Meatballs for dinner last night when we were at our friends house. I should be totally domestic and make my own little meatballs, but that is never really in the cards so I usually buy them. I like the ones from Costco the best but due to time and convenience, I went to Wal Mart this time. There was this little sign on the bag of meatballs that I'll tell you about in a second. But, I need to start here with this silly picture of hamburger helper. When I went to the Wal Mart site and searched for frozen entrees the very first picture that came up was this:
Cheesy Enchilada Hamburger Helper
Since when has hamburger helper ever been found in the frozen food isle?


Back to dinner last night. While I was opening the bag of meatballs, that looked similar to this but these are the Italian style and I had the Homestyle which is in a blue bag. I know you really needed to know this. I know how important the small details can be that the color of the bag be described and which style meatballs I used. I mean it's not like I'm giving you the recipe, but, I could. Anyway, this was the brand that I used and the bag and meatballs are the same but a little different :)

On the front of the bag there was this little sun shaped yellow sign that said:
"contains Protein"
Since I was at my friends house I could think of many things to say, however, I stuck with the, "well, duh it's meat." I love to see the obvious on objects and think of totally sarcastic remarks to add to it. Last night some of the thought I had were:

*Here's your sign (borrowed from one of my favorite comedians)

*Really? Thanks Sherlock!

*No shit Sherlock, their made out of hamburger. Hello!! This was what I really wanted to say but I held back. So, instead of sharing my potty mouth with just one or two people I am now sharing it with the whole world.

This has been fun, I may need to keep doing this when I find other things out there with the most obvious comments right on them.

1 comment:

  1. I can NOT believe you held that one back from us!! You shouldn't deprive us (your friends) of your sarcastic humor! We love it! So feel free anytime to just let it go. Lol. Btw loved the meatballs, the comments even though they weren't what you really wanted to say, making soap, and spending time with you guys. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete