Saturday, June 25, 2011

Arena Football Baby

I took the boys to see the Utah Blaze play last night. I had also called my Sister-in-law Karen to see if she would like to come. They did, so we met up with Karen and Trevor at the Energy Solutions Arena ready for some football. We had so much fun visiting and yelling at the ref's and before things got to serious I had to get a picture of my boys while I could still get their attention.



We were all so excited to realize that "Big Budda" was the person who was doing all the entertaining during time outs and in between the quarters. I love "Big B" so much that I have changed my morning news channel just so I can watch him. He is so funny. Even before I really knew who he was I loved the character he played in a Mormon comedy movie called "The RM".
Sorry for the blurry picture, this was the best of the pictures that we got and it was because Karen took it. Also pictured is the mascot for the University of Utah. They had several mascots from all the different sports teams here in Utah and along with the U of U mascot they had the Utah State University mascot. They were all hilarious and I think the best part was watching them jousting on tricycles. We laughed so hard!



The game started to get really intense and the boys were glued to the game. Every time I tried to talk to them they would slightly turn their head, glare, and turn back to the game. This was their first time to a football game and it was also Karen and Trevor's first time. We all had a blast watching all the tackles and all the times that those tackles ended with the players going over the wall into the crowd.



I just had to get a picture of the arena to show how small the field is that they play on. Arena football definitely goes faster than NFL games. They still had to throw out those yellow flags a lot and I was so tired that by the time there was only 6 minutes left of the game I was so irritated every time I saw a yellow flag and even more irritated when I saw a red flag. Both times that the coaches challenged a call there was no need to, I think they just like to be able to throw something. Just a thought.



You can tell that the pressure is starting to get to them. I wish! This was them "posing" for a picture because I wanted one of the three of us at the game. I love boys!




Here is a much better picture of us. Thank you Trevor for taking the picture. Now if I could just figure out a way to make boys smile. I even tried bribing them and then told them that I wouldn't bring them again if they didn't cooperate, I guess this was them cooperating.




And, of course I had to get a picture of the boys with Karen and Trevor. I love how they all squeezed in together. I was trying to get their attention to just look the same way so I could get the picture, but they all squeezed together. It turned out so much better. I love all the different looks they were giving.


The game was so much fun to watch and it was so intense through most of it. If you have the NFL network then you could have been watching it as well. I guess I should mention that they were playing Kansas City. The game was tied for the majority of the time and then right at the end the kicker for Kansas missed the field goal (yet again). The Blaze won by one point. It was awesome! The kicker for Kansas was (I'm being nice here) having an off night. That poor guy only made two field goals (could have been 3, I wasn't always paying attention). If it wasn't for that there would have been a different outcome, but instead the Blaze won. Thank you kicker for Kansas!!!

We can't wait for the next game. It is against the New Orleans Voodoo. We're going to have to come up with something good to take to the game so we can be annoying like everyone else. I have an idea in mind but it's a really good idea and I don't want someone else out there taking my morbid but awesome idea :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Such fun! We had a good time. My favorite parts of the night had to include seeing the players actually go over the side walls and get stuck in the crowd, watching people on the big screen who got more excited to see themselves wiggle than when the team scored a TD and of course the devouring of the cotton candy. Yum-a-licious!!! Thanks for having us come along.

    ReplyDelete