Saturday, June 25, 2011

Snow in June?


I was sitting outside reading a couple days ago and looked up and was enjoying the view when I really noticed how much snow we still have up in the mountains. Here it is the end of June and we still have enough snow that 2 of our ski resorts will be open for another week or two. I love how beautiful the snow capped mountains are. I just like the snow, so I love to see snow on the mountains any time of the year. I'm just not so used to still seeing it this late in the year.

Because of all this beautiful snow, we have had a lot of areas flooded. A lot of our farmland has been ruined and we have a lot of families that have now lost all their crops for the season and therefore have lost their income to support their families. Many homes have been flooded as well and some families can't even get to their homes without parking a long way away from their home and wading into the water and walking to their home. We have also had several children drown in the rushing water that is coming down through our streams and rivers.

We live in a desert and it has been devastating to watch so many people get hurt and have their livelihoods taken from them by a gift that we are always praying for, water. You are all in my prayers and I hope that all of our neighbors are doing the same. Even though I am one of the lucky ones that hasn't had to deal with the flooding (yet), I feel as though I need to thank all the volunteers that have filled and placed sand bags to help protect homes. I love the community that we live in where everyone jumps in to help each other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment