Saturday, March 20, 2010

Girls Night Out

My sister, Becca, asked me to go shopping with her lastnight. She works for JC Penney and they were opening up a new Sephora store in the Penney's in Provo. I am always up for shopping even if it includes going someplace that I can't afford a thing from, however, this was a chance to be part of the pre-opening sneak peak. So, I packed "shopping" clothes to change into after work and planned on splurging on some lip stick. I love lip stick and gloss and have a bunch of it, but when I splurge and buy what I really like (Clinique) I get stingy with it because I want it to last forever.

Back to lastnight, Becca picked me up from work and we had to rush to the mall because I was running late. I know, no surprise there. During the ride down the freeway she announced that this was acctually her taking me early birthday shopping and had the whole night planned out. She was going to buy me all new make up from the Sephora store. I tried to argue with her that she didn't need to do that and all I wanted to get was some lip stick. She did not listen to me at all. By the time we got to the store I figured I would let it drop and somehow try to distract her while we were in there.

When we got to the store we found out that they were already closing everything down and it was over. They had a "guard" at the entrance that told us we were to late. Becca, however, had never taken no for an answer ever in her life. She quickly explained to him that we drove all the way down there from Salt Lake and that she wanted in. He left for a second and quickly came back and let us in, I guess he had to get permission from the manager. As soon as we got in we were approached by a sweet lady who knew Becca and she helped to pick out new make up for me.

I have been drooling over this make up for a couple of years. I hate to admit that I have watched more than one of the infomertials for this stuff and have wanted to order it. I actually have it now, I can't believe it. In fact, as soon as I am done with this entry I will go get ready for the day and use it. I am so excited!!!
Becca then surprised me and got me three more things;

Bare Minerals lip gloss, I think this has to be the best lip gloss that I have tried. It is so soft and it isn't sticky. If you wear lip gloss then you'll know what I mean by it going sticky. She also got me that amazing little purple tube that looks like it came from Hogwarts. It is eye shadow primer. I have never used that before, but she swears by it and promises that my eye shadow won't have a crease now. I can't wait to use it. She also got me brush cleaner so that I can take care of the brushes that came with the Bare Minerals.

Once we were done with make up, we wandered over and was looking at clothes and found the cutest dresses. I love dresses. Even when I was little I would almost always be in a dress. She grabbed one of the dresses that I had tried on and bought it for me. Look how cute

We finished off by her getting both of us our favorite little OPI packages of nail polish


We had so much fun and I am still in shock at all the stuff she got me. I guess that whole plan of mine to distract her never worked and she still has not had to take no for an answer yet.

Thank You Becca for making me feel like a pampered princess pooh pooh!!

1 comment: