Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fake Injury Day

At Kelton's school today they had a special fake injury day for all the 7th graders. I still can't wrap my mind around wanting to walk around all day acting like you're hurt. Anyway, I also can't believe how much we had around the house for Kelton to choose from.



We had his finger splint from when he broke 2 fingers last year. Kenny's splint for his wrist for his carpal tunnel. 2 of Kenny's knee braces and one of Kelton's. We even have a walking boot, but Kenny is still wearing it for his broken foot.



As I have thought about this more and more today I was surprised to be able to come up with a whole list of things that I'm glad we have been able to get rid of. If they were still here I can't even imagine how many of them Kelton would have tried to haul out the door this morning.



So far, we have been able to return, donate, or simply throw away: several pairs of crutches, my knee brace, 3 kneck braces, Taylor's walker, and more than one wheel chair. If anyone out there remembers more, please don't tell me. It means that I have successfully forgoten that injury or car accident.



At any minute we could possibly qualify as the new evening medical drama on channel 5.






Luckily, Kelton kept it simple and only wore 2 splints. However, he couldn't smile because he was "injured".

1 comment:

  1. Who comes up with things like fake injury day? The PTA? (Pain, Turture and Acting-group)

    And "Holy cats!" you guys have lots of medical mayhem. May God be with you. :)

    ReplyDelete