Monday, March 8, 2010

Family Time


Growing up I couldn't wait to be an adult and do whatever I wanted and I was going to make sure it was somewhere far from home. That has never happened and I have always been surrounded by family. Now that I am older, I am so thankful to have my family around me (and its not just because of all the free babysitting).


This weekend my boys got to have a sleepover with their Grandma Shauna and Grandma Chris. They love to spend time with all of their Grandma's, they have 3 of them. They have been blessed to have a strong bond with each of them and to have such good examples in their lives. One of the things that they love to do is stay up late and listen to Grandma Shauna tell them stories. I think at this point they know more about my mom then I do. She is so good to share stories from her childhood, stories about their Grandpa that they never got to meet, and their all time favorite scary stories.

This is their Grandma's (and they will never look in the same direction for me):
Shauna (my mom), Chris (my mom's partner), and Susan (Kenny's mom)

On Sunday we decided to go drop in on Grandma Susie and spend some time with her. We had so much fun catching up and sharing stories. We love to tell stories when we are all together and most of the time they are the same stories over and over. It's amazing that we never get bored of them. It's also amazing how some of them start to take on a life of their own. During this visit we were comparing stories of our dog Charlie with Grandma Susie's Aunts dog that was also a Dauchshaund. They both love sweets! We were laughing so hard remembering all the stuff this dog has eaten and the messes it has created. I'll share those stories later.

I am just so glad that we were able to spend so much time with our parents and that our boys could enjoy time with their Grandma's. I never realized how much the times I spend with my Grandparents meant nor how much I would miss those moments once they were no longer in my life. I truly hope that we can find a way to help our boys remember our crazy visits with family and cherish them.

One last thing. Please pray that none of them kill me for using that picture. Now that it's on here I can't figure out how to switch it to another one. But, I do promise that Chris is just trying to get something out of her eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment