Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentines Party

We decided to go to our Wards Valentines Party/dance. Our Bishop is in a band and they were playing, I thought it would be fun to at least go see out Bishop perform. I've never had a Bishop that played in a band before. It was crazy trying to get out the door (as usual) and we were running late. Our evening ended up being so random that I just have to share it and I'll start with our conversation in the car.

I honestly don't remember how we got on the subject of end of the world stuff, but we did and it all went downhill from there....

Kelton: I'm ready for it and I'm going commando!

Mom: honey, you need to be careful how you say that because there's more than one meaning to commando.

Kelton: (probably blushing) I know mom, I meant ready to fight

Mom: Oh, good. I'm glad to know that you plan to be wearing underwear! (I love embarrassing my boys)

Our converstation quickly changed to the Dodge commercial that was on the radio and how the announcer had a very manly voice.

Kenny: Well it should sound manly, it's Sam Elliot.

Kelton: What has he been in?......Oh, was it Ghost Rider?

Taylor: Yes and in the Hulk

Kelton: Yea, he was the General

Taylor: The 4 star General, duh! (it's all about the details, we must have them right)

I sure hope we aren't the only ones out there that can have such random conversations in such a short period of time. Even if we are the only weird ones that can go from one topic to another in the matter of the light changing, I love it!

We finally get to the church (and this really is only about a 5 minute ride) and head into the party. Kenny and Taylor had decided real quick that they were there to hold up the wall. Kelton disappeared as soon as we were there and found his friends. and I was left to dance and sing "alone". I say "alone" because I was standing next to Kenny but I don't think he even twitched a finger. It was fun to watch the little kids dance and play and the group of young men that Kelton was with just stand and hold up the other wall across from us. They finally loosened up and at least started moving around and being silly.

The band started to play a slow song and one of my friends decided that we needed to have a group of us "older" couples go dance, but it had to be a group. That finally peeled Kenny away from the wall and we danced to one song. However, while we were dancing Taylor walked by and said, "Get it on!" Kenny and I cracked up laughing but I'm still not sure how I feel about my son telling us to get it on. We had a wonderful time visiting and dancing.

We ended our evening by being informed by both our boys that it was disturbing to see us dancing. I think they'll get it one day and I hope their children give them the same crap that they gave us.

This was our first Valentines Party and I don't think I'll forget it. How could I ever forget an evening that ends with a mothers curse being dished out?

No comments:

Post a Comment