Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Love

When I think about how we met, I think of what a miracle it was that we were brought together. My best friend from high school, Michele, met this amazing guy, Adrian, and they got engaged. They were both insisting that I needed to meet his friend when he got home from his mission. I had a month to think about meeting Kenny and thought it would be fun to meet but I hadn't been going to church for years and Kenny was coming home from his mission. I knew it wouldn't go anywhere. We meet on December 4, 1993. We went to a Jazz game with Michele and Adrian and ended up having so much fun. We just clicked that night and it scared me so much. We had our first kiss that night and then we sat in the backseat of Adrian's car and talked for hours.

I truly thought that I had scared him away once we were done talking. I shared everything about me that night, I figured he had the right to know before we went to much further. He wasn't scared and he called me the next morning to ask if he could come over and see me again. We spent the day watching football and then went to see a movie. After the movie we went to see the lights on Temple Square and Kenny told me that when he was ready to get married it would only happen in there. I already knew that he was the one but thought that I could never just get married in the Temple. I told him that night that it had been nice to know him but that I didn't think this was going to work. I am so thankful that he didn't give up on me so quickly.

He proposed to me on December 17, 1993 and we got marriage on April 16, 1994. Our engagement was short but we had a lot to talk about, pray about and try to figure out. Kenny insisted that we get married and then he could be there by my side so we could work together to be sealed in the Temple. He was right and was so patient. We were able to be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple in May 1995.

In April we will celebrate our 17th Anniversary. From the first day we met we have had many obstacles to overcome, but through all of it he has been there by my side to help me or for me to help him. Kenny has been amazing since our first little butting of the heads on our second date. I didn't know that I could love someone any more than I did when we met 17 years ago but I have learned that love can change and grow and become something so much more. Even though we aren't perfect and we can argue and butt heads, we love each other so much and have learned over the years how to talk to each other so that we can understand each other.

Kenny, thank you so much for being so patient and loving over the years. Thank you for always being there and taking such good care of me. I love you so much! You are such a good and loving husband and an amazing father. Thank you for taking your spare time to research and learn about my new diagnoses. It helps me to know that you are trying to understand and you have been so patient with me. I thank our Heavenly Father every day for making sure we came together and for blessing me with such a good husband and friend to spend my life with.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this picture of you two!! What a beautiful post too!!

    ReplyDelete