Thursday, February 10, 2011

He was the one

About a year ago Taylor told us a story while we were driving home from the grocery store. I will never forget this story and have wanted to share it but thought it would go better if I had some kind of visual to help paint the picture of what Taylor was saying. I asked Kenny to draw a picture but he keeps putting me off, I think he just doesn't feel comfortable with drawing the subject matter (you will understand soon). Taylor got this shirt for Christmas this last year and when I was folding laundry this morning I realized it was the perfect picture to use to tell this story.

Now picture this plane as a little sperm wearing a fedora and holding a tommy gun (you can actually take away the cigar, for once he didn't mention smoking) and you'll be ready to read this story about how he was the one that was going to make it.

We had been talking about going on vacations and staying in hotels and both boys insisted that neither of them have stayed in a hotel. I was trying to give them examples of different trips we have gone on and what hotels we stayed in when I mentioned a trip to Yellowstone before Taylor was born. All of a sudden from the back seat, Taylor announces that he was a sperm! We all just sat there for a second not knowing how to respond. Taylor then adds, "I was a sperm and I was going to be the one to make it...shew, shew, shew (that was the noise he added while making his finger move back and forth like it was swimming). "That's right," he said, "I was a sperm and I was going to be the one to make it. So I put on my fedora and pulled out my tommy gun and took out anyone who got in my way...shew, shew, shew!"

The silence didn't last long we were all laughing so hard that Kenny could barely keep driving. I went around for days saying shew, shew, shew and making my pointy finger bend back and forth like it was swimming. I still tell this story a lot because I still love how creative Taylor can be and I have to brag. I also love seeing everyone's responses, they are all so varied.

I am very happy that Taylor is the one that made it and that we have him as a part of our family. Life is never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment