Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Royal Ring

I got my Royal Replica engagement ring today. I know, dorky huh? I have always been fascinated with anything to do with royalty. It may have all started with always being called everyone's princess while I was growing up. My Aunt Donna even had a shirt made for me; it was powder blue and it said Princess in pink writing. I loved that shirt and wore it all the time.

When I was little I would pretend to be princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty. I had a Sleeping Beauty book that came with a record that read the book to you, it also had all the music on it and I would dance around the living room singing "I know you". I still have that book and its record. I still love Princess Aurora and even now as an adult I get sad that they never have her with the rest of the Princess's.

I remember watching Princess Diana's wedding and wanted that wedding dress. I still remember how big everything was; her big dress, the big church, the big (huge) crowds. She was so elegant and was up to her death. She was a great example of how to serve and love everyone. I never knew what her engagement ring looked like until her son proposed to his girlfriend, I immediately fell in love with it. So, when I saw that I could order a replica of it I jumped on the internet and ordered it. It took forever to get here, but I have it on right now and love it. One more thing to "encourage" me to keep thinking I'm a princess.

Later, I got to have my own Princess day on the day that I got married. I had my big heavy beaded dress with the long train. It had so much beading all the way down my train and all across the top of the dress. It was off the shoulder and everything I had dreamed of. I even had a matching beaded tiara with a long veil that went to my knees. I even had matching earrings and choker. I loved that day! I did have a small bit of guilt because everyone else was running around like crazy getting everything set up and ready for the wedding and reception, but they wouldn't let me help. I was so pampered and doted on that day. I went and got a manicure that morning, then Kenny's Aunt Katherine did my hair and then it was time to head over to the church and get my dress on. I was so nervous that I was passing back and forth waiting for our ceremony to start and had rolled my train up into a not. My sister and dad had a fun time unwrapping my train and straitening it out so I would be ready.

Now I officially fall into that group of Americans that love and follow that Royal English Family. I am now one of those people who the English are hoping for right now, they have created guided tours for us Americans so we can see all the places Prince William took Kate on dates. As much as I would love to go over and see everything, I will be one of us watching it all at home on T.V. I will be watching on April 29th with my ring on!

I am excited for Kate to have her princess day and then for her to go on as a Princess. I'm also glad that she is the one who will be carrying those responsibilities and I get to go on being my dorky self with my somewhat simple life and my replica princess engagement ring.

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Pictures???? I want to see the princess ring??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did take one picture but it has my wrinkly chubby fingers in the picture. I'll wear it when I bring your books back.

    ReplyDelete