Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ducati's and Dingy's

I'm reading a book right now where the lead character doesn't know what a Ducati is.  How does someone not know what that is?  Okay, maybe it's not that obvious that it is one of the supreme motorcycles out there.  Kenny would love one and is very jealous of my cousin's "very sexy redhead".  My cousin just got his baby, a beautiful red Ducati.
Kennys dream "red head"
There was just something about thinking about my husbands dream bike and then thinking of some of the things that I dream of and it just made me realize how high I have my sights set.  I really shouldn't think of things that are so far out of reach.  Some of those things are just normal things that most everyone has and others are out there with the Ducati.

My dream car is this:

Reality:

Still a very nice car, but no Mercedes :) However, I was told that when you pull up in this car you can look very bad ass!  I'll take that.

I'm sure we all have those moments where we just dream so big that it feels like we are falling short of even reaching the basics.  There are days when my family feels more like this:

Honestly...take out the beer and cigarettes and it really is like this :)


When in reality we really are closer to normal but not quit like this:
Could you just imagine Kenny in a bow tie? hee hee :)

One of the things that I always think of is that we are all in the same boat, relatively speaking.  Some of us get to cruise around in this:


While others are blessed with this:


 For the most part, I think most of us are somewhere in the middle. I know the trick is being happy with what we have and I am truly happy with my family and the many cars that we have owned (except for the 2 minivans, did not like those).  I love having dreams and goals to reach. I love that we all have fun together as a family and it doesn't take lots of money or proving anything to anyone.  We just can love each other and enjoy.  But, there are those times when it would just be nice to pull up in that Mercedes (Maybe at Lego Land).  

I guess my point in all of this is that we all need that moment to take a step back and take inventory of where we are at and what we have.  That moment came for me and I have to say that I am really happy with what I see.  I may not be super mom with the chocolate cake (at least not everyday) and I might not get to pull up in my little 2 seat-er sports car but I do have an amazing family that I get to spend everyday with bobbing around through this life.

1 comment:

  1. That's my dream car, too! I lived in Germany for 7 years and loved being surrounded by Mercedes Benz everywhere we went! Awhile back Matt and I decided to go for a test drive of another car that I think is cute: a Mitsubishi Eclipse. It was a cheap date! They paid the gas money and we drove for an hour and had a great time! You should totally do that with your dream car. Get dressed up and go cruisin'!

    ReplyDelete