Thursday, March 1, 2012


AustenlandAustenland by Shannon Hale
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was so fun to read. I could easily see myself visiting a place like Austenland. I know there are real places out there that are like this where you go and dress in period clothes and live life like they did in whatever time period you are visiting. I could never go and get into the "act" if I was married like the majority of the other women that are visiting but I love going along the journey with Jane as she tries to figure out what is real and was is pretend. I think most of us have to have that moment in our lives. There was a time for me when I knew that the life I was living was not the life I wanted and then when someone came into my life that could offer what I wanted it took me some time to be okay with actually getting my "fairy tale".  I completely enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone who loves a good love story and loves anything at all Austen. There are some questions at the end for reading groups and I would even suggest going over a few of those, there is one in particular that points out the lives of the heroine in Austen's books. It is at least something to read over and think about. I don't want to give anything away and I feel as though I already have but think about this point and I would love to hear what others have to say on this subject.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment