Monday, March 19, 2012

Aristro's Restaurant

Friday was my first girls night in forever, and was also my first night out with a girl group my cousin and her friend started called Foodie Girls.  There are times in my life when I can be adventurous and it was a good thing that Friday was one of those nights.  I really only knew one person there, was acquainted with another and had no clue who the other person was that I was supposed to meet for dinner.  I was so excited to meet everyone and eat some good food.

As is my usual, I was ten minutes late and learned quickly that parking by the University of Utah is insane on a Friday night.  After circling the building twice (was feeling pretty dorky right about then), I found a place to park.  We had decided on Greek food and someone found Aristro's Restaurant.  I wasn't sure what to expect at all and was so very happy with the "girls" and the food.

It was decided that we would each pick an appetizer from each section on the menu.  We had 4 appetizers to try and each of them were to die for.  There was one that had grape leaves and a few other things wraped in phylo dough.  Even if it was only okay, once you wrap anything in phylo dough it just makes it that much better.  This didn't need the dough, it was amazing.  Another choice was a spicy pepper dip with pieces of flatbread to eat with it.  As much as a light weight as I am with spices, this was amazing and worth the burn and I even had a little more later.  The third choice was lamb and beef with some spices rolled up in grape leaves, wasn't my favorite but it was good also.  The fourth choice was some cute little fishies (pictured below).  They were so so good.  Anyone who knows me should be shocked right now.  Yes, I said they were good.


One of the first things that I learned was to make sure that I could document everything well when I started this blog.  I broke that rule for this evening.  I was so busy eating and visiting that I never did write down what any of the dishes were.  All I can say is that each of the dishes pictured here are amazing.  Nothing that we ate there was bad.  I can not say that about most restaurants that I eat at.  I really need to not be such a food snob but it wasn't needed at this restaurant on this night. 

Tawnya's dinner

Rachelle's dinner

Karen's dinner

Jessie's dinner

We had the best waiter with the most amazing accent. Have to say that he was very attentive, patient and fun.  It makes things so much better when you have a waiter with a good sense of humor.  We also got dessert and shared some with each other but we were so busy enjoying that pictures were forgotten.

What wasn't forgotten was to visit and get to know each other and enjoy each others company. I had met Tawnya before but didn't really know her. I now know that she is just sweet and nice, is in nursing school and will soon be in a zombie movie! I hope she is able to share her movie debut with all of us. I met Karen for the first time that night and had the pleasure of learning that she used to live in Maryland, is going to school to be a dental hygienist and is an amazing cook.  She is also working on writing a novel. Jessie is my cousin, is in school working toward nursing school and is an aspiring cook with many other hidden talents.

Amazing people and good food.  Life doesn't get much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment