Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Jazz Game or A Jimmer Game



Kenny was able to get us tickets to the Jazz game on Saturday night. I was so excited to have a date night. We get a lot of evenings alone but we don't get to go out and do something very often.  So, this was a big night for us.  It really should have been just a perfect time but I let my snarky side out early in the evening and then it didn't want to go away (I'm thinking of blaming my cousin, it could be her influence that is helping me to foster this side of me.  Please note the level of sarcasm here.).

It all started when we were parking and the parking attendant asked me to move my car over. The guy beside me insisted on backing into his spot but he was way to far over so while I waited for him to move the parking attendant spoke with someone in a car behind me and then when I hadn't moved fast enough for him he came to tell me to move again.  I informed him that I was trying to move but and that is when he cut me off and spoke to me like I was 3 years old and said that he would help me.  Gee Thanks! Like I don't know how to back up my car.  I rolled my window down and as he "helped" me back up I caught his attention and explained that I can only move as fast as the people around me and that I had to wait for the guy next to me and then for the car behind me and that unless he wanted me to back into someone (I was thinking especially him) then he needed to be patient. I finished by yelling out my window as I pulled forward that he didn't need to treat me like an idiot. I am still embarrassed that I actually yelled at him.

Once inside it was wonderful and we sat next to one of Kenny's coworker's and his wife who were both very nice.  Once they started to announce the players for the teams my snarky side came back out.  When they announced Jimmer, who now plays for the Kings, the crowd went crazy and gave him a huge welcome.  They cheered more for him than the entire Jazz team.  That is how it went through the whole game.  I couldn't believe how the people there would give him encouragement and cheer for him and barely notice what the Jazz players were doing.  It became very clear, very quickly that for the majority of the people there that there was only  one player on the entire court and that was Jimmer.  I felt so embarrassed for "our" team.  There were some boos from the crowd at times when Jimmer had the ball but overall there should have been much more support for our Jazz.  I had so many comments during the game that I won't share here because I already shared my slight freak out moment with the parking attendant and that was bad enough, everyone would hate me if I shared half of what I thought and shared with Kenny during the game.  Kenny finally decided that the whole place was off (there was a disturbance in the force) because we had so many people from UT county there for the game.

We really did have a ton of fun and even spent some time remembering our first date and where we sat.  I am so proud that the Jazz won the game!!!  It was a good night that I will remember for a very long time and not because of who was there but because I got to enjoy so much time with my husband watching a sport we both enjoy while eating ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment