Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Leonardo

My amazing sister was able to get us tickets to The Leonardo Museum.  It is an all hands on museum that focuses a lot on the arts but they also have a section on genetics where they are doing genetic research and an area where you can feel what it is like to be someone who has a handicap.  It was so amazing and most importantly, fun.  All the pictures I took are from the area with all the art stuff you can do.  I also took a bunch of video but for some reason it won't play nice and download from my phone.  If I figure it out I will add it.  

Before I show you all the pictures I also want to add another part that they had.  There is a huge human rights museum that focuses on the Civil Rights movement from the 1960's.  There was a volunteer there at the beginning of the exhibit that explained how the Civil Right movement really was able to move forward and that it was from all the students who had access to camera's.  He talked about how the people in the South would earn $.50 to $3.00 per day and so the people who were working and supporting their families couldn't stop work to put a voice to what they truly wanted and needed so it was the college students that really made everything move forward.  The pictures in the exhibit are all from the 1960's but there are many that look like they could have been taken yesterday.  I have never been to the South so there was much that shocked me when I saw how the African American population lived, worked, and were treated.  I think we all have an idea but until I saw some of those pictures I never truly appreciated how their lives were.  It is an amazing exhibit!!

Below are some of the pictures that I took of our fun.

Kenny and Kelton making a stop motion movie.  I did   record it and will add it later if  possible.

Taylor and Becca drawing pictures on the board that are shown on the large screen in the back.

Grandma Shauna and Kelton on the other side of the table doing the same  thing.  You can see the screen a little better in this picture.

One of the things you can do is watercolor painting on the computer.  This was my attempt at watercolors.  Yep,my art level is still at about 3rd grade.

This interactive exhibit is beautiful!  It is supposed to sense you and move and light up according to your emotions and the carbon dioxide in your breath.  It did that a little bit, it was just more fun to look at than try to make it work.

My men looking at the living exhibit  and trying to make the feathers move.

Taylor at the desk where you draw yourself.  He wouldn't keep his picture.  He wouldn't even let me see it.

Kenny is sitting next to Taylor drawing his own self portrait.  He did a really good job.

Kelton in the room where you could  move and dance and make the animated person the a T.V, screen  do what you are doing.  Once again, I recorded this but can't add it at this moment.  It was so cool.

Taylor in the same room making the  Knight dance.  Taylor even got the animated guy on his head when he tried to do some football move.  I did record him and I even got Kenny when he went in there but will add them when I figure out how.  I even took a turn in there but my mom has that picture, so, to bad but I don't  have it and can't add it.

We had so much fun together as a family, Thank You Becca for taking us.

No comments:

Post a Comment