Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Solicitor and Pink Paisley Pants

Now that it has been almost a month since I have last blogged I should probably apologize for being such a bad blogger.  Life has just been normal and boring which is nice but it also makes it hard to write about things.

Now for something funny.  People have a way of knowing when you are having a bad day and the other day I was having one of those days when I was really rockin' the fat housewife look.  I'm not even saying that to be mean, I really had that disheveled look going.  Picture it:  Me, black long sleeve T-shirt (from the day before and wrinkled), pink pajama pants that have dark pink and white paisley patterns, tan socks (at 6 am I thought they were white, it doesn't make it any better but it helps explain my train of thought).  So far you should have this picture of me from the neck down where nothing matches. Now to add the neck up: oily face (no hormones = me at 14 all over again) which has spread to my crazy hair so my hair is cucky at the temples, bangs that are split down the middle from my c-pap and massive bed head in the back.  Now put that all together.  I have no credibility at all for anything in life, I shouldn't even be out of bed like this.

Someone knocks on the door and of course, whooosh, the boys and the dog are at the door swinging it wide open.  And, yes, they really did make that noise.  I stumble over to the door and it is a solicitor.  Really! I don't want to deal with this.  I gather what little I have mentally for that day together and approach the door tell him off before he has a chance to say more than "wow, big dog, I hope you fed it breakfast."  He in turn gets that ha, you are so not funny grin and then I quickly turn it into my I don't like you mean face and inform him that "this is a no soliciting area and that I need to ask him to leave now. And I'm not very interesting anyway."

Right there, at the I'm not very interesting part, ya, combine that with how I looked and I lost all credibility. I'm not really sure if I had any to begin with but there was none when he left because he walked away laughing and repeating me. I quickly yelled behind him that "I wasn't interested!" and then shut the door.  I had fed Maggie breakfast but I think she really needed a snack right about then.  I just couldn't decide if she could have him for laughing at me or if she could have me for, well, being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment