Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Kenny's Birthday

Kenny's birthday was yesterday and I think he had a good birthday. He totally likes to keep things simple and just spend time with family. His birthday is usually missed by a lot of people but this year he was getting text messages and phone calls all morning from his family and friends. I know it meant a lot because when he got home from work this is what he told me first about his day. Thank you everyone for taking the time to wish him a happy birthday.

Kenny has lost so much weight that he has dropped 2 sizes. Due to all of his pants drooping, the boys and I thought he might like a new pair of jeans. I totally guessed on his new size and actually got it right. I know it's simple but he liked them and even wore them last night. I feel bad that I gave such a simple present but that's just how this year is going.

My mom has a tradition that we can pick whatever we want for dinner for our birthday. Kenny picked one of his favorite restaurants.

We love going to the Rio Grande! They have the best Mexican food! I have also heard that their margaritas are amazing as well. We started eating there after our rebellious days so I have not had the opportunity to try one but everyone else says that they are wonderful. My boys love to order the virgin margaritas and they drink them down in record time. Rio Grande is located in an area that is not very good but there are so many condo's there that I like. Poor Kenny has to hear about every time we get near this area of town.

I am so glad that Kenny had a good day and that I was able to share it with him. I love how he likes to just spend it with a small group of family and I'm thankful for his enthusiasm over the simple things of life.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY!!! I LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment