Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Week So Far

Don't worry, I'm not going to try to make this into a pathetic infomercial again. But, this has been a busy week and I am so glad to be home and available for my boys. It has brought me great peace. This time, I think I'll just try to do a quick bullet point update by the day. Hopefully this will work because it's almost time to pick the boys up from school and I like to ramble and add more detail than what anyone really needs to know. So, here we go:

Monday: Labor day!!!! yeah, Kenny had the day off and so he was home to help with grocery shopping. We also took the boys shoe shopping and we were able to get them both 2 pairs of shoes. Which for us means we bought 6 pairs of shoes. I really wish I could find a little boy out there that wore the same size shoes as Taylor only with the opposite feet difference so I could give him the other half of the pair.

Tuesday: Kids back in school, ran to Wal Mart to drop off Taylor's prescription and pick up items that we forgot while grocery shopping the day before. Had just enough time to eat lunch before picking up the kids from school and taking them back to Wal Mart so they could spend the money they earned from Grandma this weekend. Decided to get us all flu shots while we were there and ended up having Kelton go into shock and almost pass out in Wal Mart. I have never seen anyone go that white. The only color he had was dark purple circles around his eyes. He eventually was okay and we could leave and come home. He really did not think it was funny when I tried to tease him later and told him that he could pass for Edward.

Wednesday: Took kids to school and decided to dye my hair. As soon as I had the dye in my hair I got a call from the school informing me that Taylor was sick and needed to come home. Dang, now what? Poor Taylor had to wait 30 minutes to get picked up. I know, I should have just given up on my hair, but I was really tired of seeing my "natural highlights". It's a really good thing that I have really understanding boys. Taylor was okay after a while and even went with me to Lehi to pick up my last paycheck and have lunch with some of my co-workers. We all enjoyed our Costco Pizza and everyone thought it was hilarious that Taylor just announced that he was sluffing. He really was sick and had thrown up at school, I promise!!

As for today, Thursday, it has been a very quiet normal day. I found out that we are approved for the apartment we wanted and we will be moving in a few weeks. I was able to catch up with my long time friend Michele and it was so good to visit and realize that we are going through some of the same milestones with our children. We have both had conversations with our kids that have ended with them saying, "now I'm really disturbed" and walking away. Trying to explain puberty has become a challenge as well as slightly entertaining. Dinner is in the Crockpot and I'm hoping we have a quiet evening. A mother can hope, I have every right to think things will go smooth and there will be no bickering!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment