Monday, September 20, 2010

Memories

Do you ever sit back and reminisce about all the things that you have done so far in your life? I do it a lot and even though I'm not that old, I have been doing it more and more. When I was writing about Heri becoming a citizen it made me think of my family and made me want to learn more about them and who they are and were. I hope I don't bore you with the stories that I will be writing, but I have felt that I need to include my stories, my families stories and what is currently going on in our life on my blog.

Some of my favorite memories are of going for drives. I remember piling into the truck and leaving at the crack of dawn so we could drive to Fort Bridger during the mountain man rendezvous just so we could get scones for breakfast. I still remember those scones (Indian fry bread), they were the size of the plate and very thick with lots of air pockets. I would eat them with honey and it always ran down my arms and I would be a sticky mess.

One morning we loaded up and drove to Timpanogas Cave. Both of my parents loved to surprise us, especially my dad. We had no idea where we were going, we usually never did. I can still remember climbing up the mountain to get to the entrance. I even remember what I was wearing, I wanted to wear my favorite outfit for that summer, but we had to wear pants. I was in jeans with a t-shirt (light blue) and I had a sweatshirt tied around my waist. That was such an amazing day and it left such a strong impression on me that I can still remember clearly what it looks like inside the cave with all of the stalagmites. Another time we headed to one of the scenic drives we have in our local mountains; it was the Alpine loop. We stopped along the drive at the most beautiful place. It was all shaded with trees and there was a river running just off the side of the road. We had to cross this old white bridge to get to the picnic areas. Becca and I played and played and had so much fun throwing rocks from the bridge when no one was there fishing. It was cool that day and the leaves were just starting to change color. I think it was about this time of year when there's just a few trees that have changed to red or orange and the rest are still green.

I look back on my early years of my childhood and remember that there was always some adventure or another for us. I know without a doubt that my parents loved to spend time with us and when they could they would take us on some grand adventure. I never knew when it was coming or what we would do, but along with the trips to the mountains I remember my mom waking Becca and I up one morning and announced that we were going to spend the day at Lagoon.

As I write these stories and memories I will try to keep things as accurate as possible, but keep in mind that like everyone else out there, life was not always perfect and there are things that I hold close to my heart and will at times keep it that way. I love my family and would not want to break any confidences or write something that may hurt someone. So, in other words, I will sugar coat where needed. I am so excited to learn more about my family and share it with everyone. Most of all I'm excited to record what I find out so that my children will know their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment