Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Chris!!


Chris celebrated her birthday this week and this is a picture of her at work. Now you have to know that Chris is anything but a pink foo foo girly girl. However, her coworkers decorated her desk in all pink and even got her to wear a tiara. I love that they got her a princess piƱata. They even took the time at work to pull all the strings and empty the candy. I wasn't there, but I can just imagine all these adults diving for the candy. Since I know a few of her coworkers, I really can imagine them having fun and really diving for the candy like kids.

I met Chris when I was in labor with Kelton and I didn't know it then when she was putting my IV in, but she was soon to be a wonderful addition to our family. She has been my mom's partner for 14 years and she has brought much love and fun to my mom and our family as a whole. I'm very thankful that she put up with me in the beginning, I was a little tough to get to know and had my walls up (Donna years, need I say more).

Chris is an amazing Grandma to my boys. She has been there for every event in their lives and continues to spoil them every chance she gets. I am so thankful for her influence in their lives and the lessons that she has taught them. They love to spend time with her and my mom and are so excited to go fishing this summer with her. It's all Kelton has talked about for over a week.

Over the years I have seen what a wonderful Nurse she is and how she cares for her kids. I have been blessed to have her teach me and Taylor some of her sacred family recipes, she is a wonderful cook! I learned that she was a semi-pro baseball player, she played for the Budweiser Belle's before she moved out here to Utah. She was so brave to drive from New Jersey to Utah alone in her little VW bug. There is no way I could do that and admire her strength more than she knows. I know that there is so much there to learn about you, you always surprise me with the things that you have done in your life.

Thank you for being a part of our family and celebrating yet another birthday with us. Thank you for letting us be a part of your life.

Good luck in Wendover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment