Sunday, December 18, 2011

"Lipping Lizzards"

Annie, Sandy, and Mr. Warbucks (PTC Production)

We were able to go on a field trip this week and see Annie at the Pioneer Theater Company.  We completely enjoyed the play.  The actors did an amazing job.  I was so impressed with how well they all did and especially with how well all the children did.  I grew up watching the movie version of Annie with Carroll Burrnett. I love that movie.  I love the music.  As a child I don't remember some of the songs that were in the play being in the movie but I loved the songs that were in the play and they added so much to the story.  I also never thought anything about the movie other than it being about an orphan who is always positive.  As I waited for the play to start I read the background about Annie and had a much better idea about the messages that were in the comic strip and later the radio show.  Watching the play I realized how political the message is. I also realized how similar 1933 is to today.  This was the perfect time to perform this play.  

I want to congratulate everyone for doing such a wonderful job in the play and for singing all those songs just how I remember them from my childhood.  I'm glad we had the opportunity to see this play and have it remind us that even though our economy is bad this Christmas season that we are still so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment