Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

I know Mother's Day was a week ago, but this is the first chance that I have been able to write about this year and reminisce a little about the other mother's Days that have lead up to this one.

I have been blessed to have been raised surrounded by strong women. They have all had the strength to stand for what they believe in; the strength to be amazing mother's, wives, and work full time; they have done all of this with the strength to look at life and be able to laugh at whatever situation they are dealing with and not let it bring them down.

My Mom has been such an inspiration to me. Even when we were going through some of the worst of times, she could make us laugh and find the good in our trials. The best example of this is when we were staying in the women's shelter down town and there wasn't much for us to do. We would look out the window and people watch and she could tell some of the best stories about the people that were walking or driving by. We could sit there for hours listening to her stories. Every time that I call her when I have had a bad day I am always laughing by the time I get off the phone and life isn't so bad. There are so many more things that I wish I knew how to put into words so that I could accuratly express how much you mean to me and how much I love and appreciate you as my mom.




Even here in this picture she is being hilarious. Earlier she pulled some tissue out of her pocket and it just kept coming, we were all laughing about it. Later, when she came back from a trip upstairs she made sure to come with tissue hanging from her pocket. We all started laughing again and I wish I would have caught her a second later when she was swinging her hips and twirling the tissue around. I have to admit that I couldn't get a picture of that because I was laughing to hard.

This Mother's Day was wonderful!

I was showered with presents first thing in the morning. I got the cutest homemade cards from both Kelton and Taylor and I will tell you what else they gave me in a second. Kenny then gave me a beautiful new jewelry box.

I was able to sing with the Primary children to their mother's in Sacrament Meeting and then got to come home and rest.

Later we went over to my Mom's house for a Mother's Day dinner. It has been a long time since we have had a big family dinner for Mother's day and it was so much fun to have everyone around.




Of course it all started with the debut of number 28. It's really sad that as everyone walked in the door they came straight to Kenny and I to ask about our new car. Does no one else ever buy a new car? I mean to just assume that it would be us, maybe we will throw everyone off and not buy a new car for a few years. Yeah, right :) Anyway, I couldn't help but get the ultimate guy picture with all the men in the family standing around the front of our truck with their heads under the hood. The funny thing is that none of the wives in the house even realized that they were all outside gathered around a truck for so long. They were having so much fun inside catching up and it just wouldn't be normal if the guys hadn't disappeared outside and stood around talking under the hood of a truck.
Three of the four boys that were there. I have no clue where Kelton was, I'm amazed that he wasn't out with the guys with his head under the hood too.

This is my amazing sister, Becca. She's not happy because she didn't want me to take this picture while she was buttering the rolls. Oh well, she looked so good that day and I was afraid that I would forget to take her picture later.
She was way sneaky this year and picked up my boys from school and brought them home and helped them make me some amazing new jewelry. I love it. Taylor made me earrings and Kelton made me earrings and a matching bracelet. I absolutely love them, Thank You!!!
Don't ask why the only picture I got of Chris was the back of her, sorry Chris. You have been a wonderful addition to our family and I couldn't have asked for a better step-mom than you. I have learned so much from you. You are the one that has taught me how to not be so sensitive and to let things roll off my back. You let me know that it was okay to open my heart again because you are not the same person as Mom's ex. I know I wasn't easy to like at first, but I'm glad that we both hung in there because it has been more than worth it getting to know you. Thank you for being so loving towards my family and being a wonderful Grandma to my boys.


This is my uncle Kenny and Aunt Fran. I don't get to see them very often and am so excited when they come and have dinner with us. Fran has always been there and helped out when she could for me. I have been blessed to have an amazing job that I love because of her and I will always remember how she was there for me at my Dad's funeral and when Kenny and I were sealed in the Temple. There have been so many times that she has appeared right when I needed her and provided me so much strength and comfort.
Aunt Fran and Helen. My mom was able to recently reconnect with her childhood friend Ruby. Helen is Ruby's mom and also my mom's godmother. It has been so much fun to have her join us lately for holidays and just to get together for dinner. she is an amazing woman whom I am glad to have as a part of our family.

Somehow, I didn't get a picture of my Aunt Donna. She has alway been there and been a strength to me while growing up. I will never forget doing backwards doughnuts in front of the house I grew up in. Donna is so outgoing and fun to be with. I'm sure none of us will ever forget her yelling at construction workers trying to get their phone numbers for more than one of the nieces.

My only Aunt that was missing was my Aunt Elsie. She is in Colorado with her family and I hope that she had an amazing Mother's Day with her family. I also hope that her daughters also enjoyed their Mother's Day.

It was an amazing day and I'm so glad that it gave me a chance to reminisce about all of the times we have shared and everything that I have learned from each one of you.
Thank You!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mothers Day was so much fun, it is always nice when we can all get together and laugh and share fun stories.

    ReplyDelete