Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hard Work

When our boys were little, they called any yard work "hard work". You would think that if they looked at yard work as hard work that they wouldn't want to help, but they do. They both love to be with Dad outside and help with whatever he is doing.

For the last two Saturday's they have definitely been doing hard work. Yesterday they helped even out our park strip and lay sod. We actually have grass in our front yard and most importantly we have grass instead of weeds in our park strip.


Both Kenny and Kelton had already filled the wheelbarrow seven times with dirt from the park strip and they had a good size pile of weeds that they had dug out. They started to lay the sod and finish evening it out as they went. Look, you can even see two of the trees that we planted in the Fall. I'm still in shock that we did everything right and they made it through the winter.
Another picture of Kenny rolling out the sod. I'm still in shock that we don't have a park strip full of weeds.

The Saturday before they spent the entire day fixing our fence in the backyard. The wind had blown it over about 2 weeks before and this was the first time they could get out there and fix it. I still can't believe the weather we have had. They really did have to wait 2 weeks to fix the fence because it kept raining and snowing. Yes, I said snow and yes we are half way through May. I don't want to hear a word about global warming when I'm dealing with snow in May!!!

All three of them were out there all day working and I couldn't help but sneak some pictures of them cementing in the posts.


Slowly but surely everything is coming along and starting to look really nice. One neighbor was teasing Kenny that he would drive past our house now because it is looking so different. I was thinking, "really, I'm pretty sure we know where we live even though there is grass and not weeds now." However, Kenny really did almost drive past our house on his way home from getting us breakfast this morning. Watch, I'll probably do the same thing tomorrow on my way home from work.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to my men that are willing to do what needs to be done to take care of our family and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment