Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter

In the midst of rushing around and trying to make sure we had everything for Kelton's birthday and making sure the Easter bunny had a little something to leave for the boys, I did spend a few moments reflecting on what this time of year truly means to me. I spent days writing and re-writing what I wanted to share with everyone. I feel as though I could have helped to spread the word of how important it is that Christ was willing to suffer, die, and be resurrected for all of us.

However, that all quickly changed when Taylor asked me a question about Resurrection a couple days before Easter.

Taylor asked if he would be perfect when he is resurrected. I answered that he would be. He then wanted to know if that meant he would have all of his fingers and if his foot would be perfect. I reassured him that all that would be fixed. He sat there thinking for a minute and didn't really seem happy or comforted by what I was telling him and I was beginning to worry when he finally looked up and said, "I don't know about all that, if I'm perfect then I won't have any of my scars and chicks like scars."

What do you say to that? I had nothing and I thought you would enjoy his insights on Resurrection better than whatever sappy thing I would have shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment